Invalid Dark Mode switches itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol yeah ! The greatest answer of all time . Thanks for the sarcasm !
Btw I can confirm that switching off the dark mode In the Google message app fixed the problem of the dark mode in the system always turning to always on back.
It's a sincere answer, not sarcasm at all.
Switching Dark mode (a.k.a Night mode) is as easy as this:
Code:
((UiModeManager)context.getSystemService(Context.UI_MODE_SERVICE)).setNightMode(UiModeManager.MODE_NIGHT_YES);
Why is it allowed? I dunno. It's Google's design.

how to find out which apps trigger dark mode ?
i dont have google messages neither android auto installed and still suffer from this issue.
I checked the apps which i suspect to responsible but didnt find it till now .....

how to find out which apps trigger dark mode ?
i dont have google messages neither android auto installed and still suffer from this issue.
I checked the apps which i suspect to responsible but didnt find it till now .....
You can only find it by decompiling the apps... One of them is Google Play services.

is there no way to prevent trigger from apps ?
For what there is an option to choose the "dark mode" mode ... its useless then !?

is there no way to prevent trigger from apps ?
For what there is an option to choose the "dark mode" mode ... its useless then !?
You can dump your frustration to Google or on official MIUI forums. This is not our design choice.

is it possible to find the triggered app within log files ?
If yes .. what to search for ?

I have only now gotten around to enabling Night Mode on my Mix1, and before this it never ever turned on all by itself.

So if you don't want Night Mode at all, just never enable it.

Actually it seems to be working fine, no problems yet.

Only problem was I had to first change from the default theme to some other one, and then back to the default theme to get it to work.

i never enable or disable this after a clean install.
It switches itself as i already wrote ....

It would be interessting to know it Glbal Beta ROM has same issue ... but i dont want to test it ;-)

is it possible to find the triggered app within log files ?
If yes .. what to search for ?
Unfortunately, the "setNightMode" function doesn't take a Context as an argument, hence there is no way to know which app called the function.

i never enable or disable this after a clean install.
It switches itself as i already wrote ....

It would be interessting to know it Glbal Beta ROM has same issue ... but i dont want to test it ;-)

Night Mode works fine on my Mi Note 2 also, I can turn it on and off and it never seems to change on its own.

So the problems on other devices seem to be device or Android version dependent.

However, what does not work on my 2 devices (both android 8.0, soc sd821) is the setting for automatically turning it on/off depending on the time of day.
If I choose that setting, Night Mode never turns on.

Are there hidden settings somewhere for the time of day for this?

However, what does not work on my 2 devices (both android 8.0, soc sd821) is the setting for automatically turning it on/off depending on the time of day.
If I choose that setting, Night Mode never turns on.

Are there hidden settings somewhere for the time of day for this?

In my phone, chiron, works well.

today i switch to latest Stable for Poco .. and WTF it switches again automaticly to Dark Mode.
But now with Stable Build there is no option in devoloper or regular settings to turn it off ... only a reboot helps.
What the hell is going wrong here ? Any solution for thatr

today i switch to latest Stable for Poco .. and WTF it switches again automaticly to Dark Mode.
But now with Stable Build there is no option in devoloper or regular settings to turn it off ... only a reboot helps.
What the hell is going wrong here ? Any solution for thatr
You can switch dark mode off with adb meanwhile:
adb shell cmd uimode night no

We'll reupload the ROMs once we fix that night mode toggle in Dev options for Stables.

Reactions: der_Kief
I recently switched to latest weekly 9.3.1 and Dark Mode seems to be buggy (maybe it was there also in recent builds ... idk)
I disabled Dark Mode (Always off) but every once in a while Dark Mode switches back itself to Automatic.
I'm not quite sure if this is an Xiaomi or EU ROM problem.
This is very annoying .... not everybody likes this Dark Mode
Is there any workaround to permanent disable the Dark Mode ?

Device: Poco F1
Build: 9.3.1
I have a Mi Mix 2 and I have the same problem. I have tried to change it ussing the Developer Settings or Google SMS app but nothing happens. HELP! MIUI 10 was great...

Status
Not open for further replies.