Resolved Dark mode - Wrong status bar color (workarounds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poney70

Donator
Oct 3, 2019
Hello all,

Here something really annoying.. when we can't see the status bar in dark mode... :(

But @Mikanoshi found a way to fix this issue on MIUI 11 => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/20-3-26-last-miui-11.55066/post-534988

On MIUI 12, it still working but not fully...

INFO: "Fixed" in 20.5.28, it's now useless to use one of my workarounds...

== Available workarounds ==

-------------- "Root" solution is preferred! --------------

>> You should enable the dark mode option before using "Root" workaround <<

- "Root" solution:

-=> I recommend to install "Termux" app (available on Google Play Store) and open it at least once before installing my Magisk module. ;)

Install this Magisk module (in Magisk Manager app) => MIUI-Fix_Global_Dark_Mode_v3-Magisk.zip

Features:

1) Auto-apply the fix after install, no need to reboot your phone
2) Auto-apply the fix after a phone's reboot (if needed)
3) To apply the fix via Termux app, type: dmfix

IMPORTANT
== What you need to know ==

* MIUI 11 ROM: You need to re-apply the "dmfix" Termux' command or reboot your phone IF you go in "Dark mode" settings.

* MIUI 12 ROM: You need to re-apply the "dmfix" Termux' command or reboot your phone IF you disable/re-enable dark mode option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>> You MUST enable the dark mode option before using "TWRP" workaround <<

- "TWRP" solution:

-=> If you rooted your phone, I recommend to install "Termux" app (available on Google Play Store) and open it at least once before installing my zip. ;)

Install this zip in TWRP => TWRP_Fix_Global_Dark_Mode_v1.4.2.zip

IMPORTANT
== What you need to know ==

* MIUI 11 ROM: You need to re-apply the "dmfix" Termux' command (if rooted) or reinstall the zip in TWRP IF you go in "Dark mode" settings.

* MIUI 12 ROM: You need to re-apply the "dmfix" Termux' command (if rooted) or reinstall the zip in TWRP IF you disable/re-enable dark mode option.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

== TIPS ==
---- for MIUI 12 ----

1) You may still need to disable some apps in "Individual apps" menu in 'Dark mode' settings if some texts/images are not correctly visible...

2) For "Google" app, please install beta version (https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/dark-mode-and-notification-bar.55643/post-541991) and change "Theme" option in app's settings to "System detection" or "Dark" to fix status bar color.

Enjoy!
:)

Last edited:
Yep, certain apps are still handled incorrectly... We'll keep you posted if we find out a way to solve it.

Reactions: chip13
Status
Not open for further replies.