Data2SD

Dany0

Members
Nov 17, 2010
If next friday's release won't have it, would you guys be so kind and add it to your version? I would be soo happy :rolleyes:

There is such a little space with the original A2SD. My goodness!!

BTW: I just got an idea, wouldn't it be possible to acces the /sd/data folder? if yes then could we install apps just by drag&dropping the apks there? YEAH!!!

apps in data need to be signed. so I dunno if that'll work.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

what are you talking about ?

/data/data to the SD card ? that, i believe, is not posible.

If you have the ext3 partition there, and still lack space... have you moved dalvik-cache to the sd too ?

It is possible indeed, search xda for the script

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

the part where you DID NOT specify what had been done ? :/ (thats what "quote" is for)

You never mentioned that it was for "desire" tho, on the nexus section, we only have "darktremors" stuff, and that does not move the whole /data partition.

Be carefull tho, having all of /data in the SD card might wear it down a lot faster, since apps use /data/data/ for their cache usually.

Are you that dumb that:
1.) You can not open xda-developers and type "data2sd script"?
2.) This is General section, not desire or nexus one
3.) If you've ment that you have a nexus one and you have some kind of problems, then go ahead and learn some ***** english!
4.) You can not "wear down" an sd card. It's life cycle is too short. Writing to it for a year non-stop wouldn't wear it down. You'll sooner get a new sd card or even a new phone then the sd card lif cycle ends....

must...sleep...

BTW: I just got an idea, wouldn't it be possible to acces the /sd/data folder? if yes then could we install apps just by drag&dropping the apks there? YEAH!!!

Are you reffering to the /sdcard/data folder, in the fat32 partition ? if so, no, fat32 partitions are not usable (for now at least) for "executable" files. In fact, they don't even "hold" unix file permisions.

Are you that dumb that:
1.) You can not open xda-developers and type "data2sd script"?
2.) This is General section, not desire or nexus one
3.) If you've ment that you have a nexus one and you have some kind of problems, then go ahead and learn some ***** english!
4.) You can not "wear down" an sd card. It's life cycle is too short. Writing to it for a year non-stop wouldn't wear it down. You'll sooner get a new sd card or even a new phone then the sd card lif cycle ends....

1) let me get this stright.... YOU have no time to apply this "/data to sd-ext" script on miui, and want the miui-dev guys (who make translations...) to pre-load that for you, but i CAN'T ask you for the presice links ? :/
2) this is the general section, yes, but you linked to a DESIRE thread
3) i meant what i wrote, i think that my english is good enough. (so no, no problems...)
4) You can wear down an sd card, as like any other kind of flash memory, it has a limited (normally really high) number of writes. Using a small partition makes it wear down faster too, as the OS has less space for wear-leveling. I used my old class2 16gb sdcard for more than a year, with 4 different celphones (i used to change a lot, not anymore tho). Now i bought a class10 sdcard (16gb), and i sure as hell want to preserve it...

From your attitude, infer that you either had a bad day/week/month, or that you are a little kid behind a keyboard... in any case, you should learn some manners, specially when i was the only person still "paying attention" to what you were writting...

must...sleep...