New Desire HD JB 3.3.29 Buttons problem

stailor

Members
Sep 25, 2012
Hey guys,

I recently installed the new JB 3.3.29 on my Desire HD. But the problem is: The Home and the Searchbutton aren't working... if I touch one of the buttons with my finger, the LED-Light is getting activated but nothing happens. The menu and back button are working normal. Please help me, it's so annoying to close my apps just to get on homescreen.

Thanks,
stailor

Did you flash gapps right after flashing the rom?

If you did that, the home button is unbinded for the help install and never rebinded.

Flash rom, boot into it, boot back to recovery. flash gapps.

Yes I did it right as you said...but there was a problem. I installed the JB system. I booted it and at first I was forced to set up a Xiaomi account. There was no option to skip it. But my keyboard didn't pop up!!! So I wasn't able to login/create a Xiaomi account or get into the system to install a custom keyboard! I was so desperate that I installed directly the gapps to solve the problem somehow...

Okay,
I have reinstalled the ROM. I have to set up a Xiaomi account to get into the system, but i have NO keyboard working!
So it is not possible for me to get into the system to install a custom keyboard. And if I can't set up a custom keyboard I have no chance to get into the system?! Vicious circle!!! And the last time, as I said, I desperately installed the gapps via recovery, mysteriously I got into the system at the next boot and so I was able to install the custom keyboard -> but then I had NO Home-button! I hope you all understand the whole diabolic problem and can help me :|

Thanks
stailor

I have the same problem, no keyboard popping up.

EDIT: another problem is: when entering PIN i can barely see the button for confirmation,only the top part of it, it's cut off

It seems lots of devices had keyboard problems. I'm changing the scripts to insert a keyboard unless otherwise specified. Instead of not including a keyboard unless otherwise specified.