New "Do Not Disturb" not working correctly

LXDavid

Members
Oct 8, 2019
Hello,

when I switch "Allow Incoming Calls" to "From Starred Contacts only", not only the calls are allowed from those contacts, but also the messenger notifications from these contacts start bleeping - very annoying indeed.

I have my wife starred and instructed to call only in emergencies, bur write whenever she wants. So during meetings I cannot set the phone to DND, because then also her messages bleep unfortunately. I have no choice but to set it to silent, potentially missing and emergency call.

Thanks for looking into this

David

Reactions: Psmolkin
This has been the case with dnd and allow calls from started contacts for as far as i remember, including on global stable rom.

There might be a discussion between bug and feature however since it's present on the official releases of the rom, it's not a bug with the xiaomi.eu roms. Might want to test it again on the global stable roms and if it's present there (as i remember it is) file a bug report on the official forums.

I already did, through the bug report feature on the global rom. no reaction for months. so i thought it might get fixed here, as xiaomi.eu makes adaptations of the original rom.

Does anyone found a solution to this?
I have my Redmi Note 7 with Do Not Disturb mode with all calls exceptions, but Whatsapp messages are sounding anyway when the phone is on the table more than 15 minutes approach. It's really annoying.
Moreover, when I have the phone on this mode I an incoming call rings, I cannot set a volume for this, or just vibrate only. I cannot belive that Xiaomi didn't figure out of this defect!

Does anyone found a solution to this?
I have my Redmi Note 7 with Do Not Disturb mode with all calls exceptions, but Whatsapp messages are sounding anyway when the phone is on the table more than 15 minutes approach. It's really annoying.
Moreover, when I have the phone on this mode I an incoming call rings, I cannot set a volume for this, or just vibrate only. I cannot belive that Xiaomi didn't figure out of this defect!
My solution was to use Tasker. My Whatsapp only vibrates in DND Mode, so I configured to, when "%SILENT" variable is on, disable vibration

This annoying bug was present on Mi 10 Pro too in 2020.
It was solved when the phone was upgraded to Android 11. On Xiaomi 11 Ultra everything correctly worked.
Now, it's back again on MIUI 14 and Xiaomi 13 Ultra.

Do you call it feature?
I think, honestly, it's a very very annoying bug.
I need to be available during the night and this is a disaster. There is no way to let the phone rings only for calls.
If you activate Do not disturb mode and you set Notify about calls "From anyone", the phone will ring for any calls, messages like whatsapp, Telegram, SMS etc....

No solution.
I've temporary solved it installing "Sound Profile" from the Play Store. It's a very customizable program that will modify Do not disturb settings and you can do whatever you want.
It's incredible you need to pay for a program to use a feature that's available on every android phone....

Still some day to unlock the bootloader, then I will try to flash xiaomi.eu ROM but I guess nothing will change.....