Do Not Try Lock Your Bootloader After Unlocked It

alambid

Members
May 29, 2017
I was playing to know how can I lock my bootloader on my mi6 by those command : fastboot oem lock and I end up with this message in boucle when the phone start : the system have been destroyed ! I can't do get to the recovery. Just on fastboot mode but unlocked. I have try all my effort to flash and I fail. I bring it to chinese shop outside and no one still can't make it. Lucky that I'm China and can get to the Xiaomi official repair store to Fixe it for free. So be carefully friends

After some reading on EN.Miui's forum, there's a post mentioning that relocking bootloader is ****ONLY safe, IF stock recovery is installed**** (no custom recovery like TWRP). Is this true?

Reactions: Atanas Chebishev
After some reading on EN.Miui's forum, there's a post mentioning that relocking bootloader is ****ONLY safe, IF stock recovery is installed**** (no custom recovery like TWRP). Is this true?
Yea.. If you want lock bootloader, you need stock recovery and stock ROM..

~Tapatalk~

Reactions: Atanas Chebishev

~Tapatalk~
How to do it ? I mean to stock recovery and the room ? On the mi6 it's completely block the cellphone of showing that the system have been destroyed. Can't flash it with miflash and can't unlock it.

You can try to flash it via Chinese Mi PC suite.
And there is nothing to lose if you try to unlock it via "fastboo oem unlock-go".
Wait for another opinion for this method, before try.

Another try is with engineer cable or button combination to enter in EDL Mode to flash the phone

~Tapatalk~

I already flashed back to stock ROM & stock recovery; what is the next step to re-lock the bootloader? 'Fastboot oem lock'?

I was playing to know how can I lock my bootloader on my mi6 by those command : fastboot oem lock and I end up with this message in boucle when the phone start : the system have been destroyed ! I can't do get to the recovery. Just on fastboot mode but unlocked. I have try all my effort to flash and I fail. I bring it to chinese shop outside and no one still can't make it. Lucky that I'm China and can get to the Xiaomi official repair store to Fixe it for free. So be carefully friends
Haha why? I unlock and lock btl with ude miflash(option clean and lock. This flash a official rom example china stable dev with stock recovery( mi recovery). Unlock again btl is ofcorse possible.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I unlock bootloader and then back to lock bootloader ? Is that safe? Pls help.
I bought mi6 in chinese version and the chinese language driving me crazy.I just want to flash my phone to global ver.And XM said unlock bootloader means low security level so I just need to lock again my mi6 bootloader.

I just bought a MI6 in China that had the "9.0.5.0 NCACNEI" (MIUI9) version.
When I now try to load the global ROM it seems that it is not possible without unlock.
I downloaded the latest version of the XiaoMiTool and tried to flash the global ROM (miui_MI6Global_V9.0.2.0.NCAMIEI_8e643002bc_7.1.zip) but the tool states that unlock must be done. On the XiaoMiTool web there is some discussion from early Dec about problems with "stock recovery" and I guess this might be a reason for not being able to lock again.

I have not unlocked yet but I might soon decide to do it even if that probably would result in that it is not possible to lock again.

I just bought a MI6 in China that had the "9.0.5.0 NCACNEI" (MIUI9) version.
When I now try to load the global ROM it seems that it is not possible without unlock.
I downloaded the latest version of the XiaoMiTool and tried to flash the global ROM (miui_MI6Global_V9.0.2.0.NCAMIEI_8e643002bc_7.1.zip) but the tool states that unlock must be done. On the XiaoMiTool web there is some discussion from early Dec about problems with "stock recovery" and I guess this might be a reason for not being able to lock again.

I have not unlocked yet but I might soon decide to do it even if that probably would result in that it is not possible to lock again.

try this..
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=663972&highlight=xiaomitool
https://mega.nz/#!s5RDGYxC!lAwfJi4s4PgxWo4vIp6fFSE0n-9aPY70KKgWy03o2Do