Do u recommend the Mi 9?

Andreaz35

Members
Nov 21, 2019
I want to buy the Mi 9 , does it get updates regularly? What do u like?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

no i can't endorse xiaomi anymore, after they change policy about bootloader unlocking, custom roms etc.
Instead, i would suggest One Plus

no i can't endorse xiaomi anymore, after they change policy about bootloader unlocking, custom roms etc.
Instead, i would suggest One Plus
The only policy change is that you need to wait for a week :) Then everyone can unlock bootloader and use custom roms etc. :)

The only policy change is that you need to wait for a week :) Then everyone can unlock bootloader and use custom roms etc. :)
Unfortunatelly not only.
They don't release authorization for EDL mode anymore, and the if you brick your phone (ex. you inadvertently lock the bootloader after a custom rom installation), you have to throw away.
OnePlus it is better yet for this policy.

Unfortunatelly not only.
They don't release authorization for EDL mode anymore, and the if you brick your phone (ex. you inadvertently lock the bootloader after a custom rom installation), you have to throw away.
OnePlus it is better yet for this policy.
With EDL you just need an authorized account for EDL :) Yes it's not the best option, but you can go to xiaomi service or pay 12$ to some Indian :) As i heard they make business with this. But you can lock you bootloader only if you don't understand what your doing and don't take some time to read what the problem could be.
btw In price differences between xiaomi and oneplus you can pay 12$ for EDL authorized account every week, for a long time :D

I disagree... to access to Edl mode you also have to dismantle your phone, it is not only a matter of account authorization (that Xiaomi stopped to do anyway).
OnePlus it is still more free (as freedom) and flexible than Xiaomi. With Oneplus you can flash any rom you want, lock or unlock bootloader, you always would have a way to do a factory restore your phone without risk.
With Xiaomi right now, if you wrong something, you can loose your phone.
About 12$ to pay some indian is always a risk, because it is an unofficial procedure and a lot of people out of there on the net lie sayng to unlock the phone, and instead they steal your money, knowing that for a few $ you will not go to the police.
Oneplus is more expensive ? yes, a bit more, it is true, but freedom is priceless.

I disagree... to access to Edl mode you also have to dismantle your phone, it is not only a matter of account authorization (that Xiaomi stopped to do anyway).
OnePlus it is still more free (as freedom) and flexible than Xiaomi. With Oneplus you can flash any rom you want, lock or unlock bootloader, you always would have a way to do a factory restore your phone without risk.
With Xiaomi right now, if you wrong something, you can loose your phone.
About 12$ to pay some indian is always a risk, because it is an unofficial procedure and a lot of people out of there on the net lie sayng to unlock the phone, and instead they steal your money, knowing that for a few $ you will not go to the police.
Oneplus is more expensive ? yes, a bit more, it is true, but freedom is priceless.
Yep. Full access is a way better, but for ordinary user it's doesn't meter :) As for me, i always check what i'm doing and have a lot of experience in IT :) So i won't end with bricked device :D

I changed from OnePlus 6 to Mi 9, and I am very happy that I did. Weekly updates were not possible (sometimes you waited a loong time for a new version), the camera was worse (I had hoped for a better one already in the OnePlus 5, they promised it for 6, after that they did not improve it much but prepared the 6T - very unpleasant), and then there were far less enthusiasts around, only an official forum. And in direct comparison, you get much more for your money. Non, je ne regrette rien ;-)

Reactions: Adnan008 and Mali2