Do you buy MI-ONE?

Good news everyone! I received my phone from 365gate.com..

But I must say what an exhausting experience it was buying from these guys, but all in all.. I got the goods I purchased and they were very friendly even though you could read alot of aggression in the e-mails I sent to them.

As for the phone, I'm satisfied so far.. The only thing I have to complain about is actually the haptic-feedback.. XD Otherwise so far, it's very nice.. :)

My Mi-one has finally arrived from 365gate. Was touch and go for a while (probably due to lack of Stock). It has come with MIUI stable version 2.3.5e. Although I am having trouble downloading stable version 2.3.5i via OTA update.

Does anyone know where I can get v4 ROM? Has it even been released for the Mi-one? Can't find it on this site!

Thanks

Are you happy with the build quality and screen? Many thanks again for the info.
Sorry for late reply. Build Quality is excellent. I have zero complaints about the phone. I'm very happy with it. I never got around to grabbing a SIM car for it. It hops on Wifi instantly everywhere I'm at, I use google voice plus a free pbx and sip client connecting to that to shove all my calls through the internet. there is a little lag but no more than a cellular call. I ride a motorcycle everywhere and don't like to take calls in the helmet (bluetooth)... so in the end, I realise what I really need is a very small and fast tablet - which is what the MI-One Plus has become for me.

... and as I've read up on radios and tower acquisitions, I've grown to hate all american cell phone carriers.

I ordered my MiOne from AliExpress but due to lack of available stock. It is being delayed. I do hope I will receive it before the end of January.

May I know if MiOne is rooted by default?

Yes The MI-One Plus is already rooted and boots into FastBoot. I haven't yet tried installing a custom recovery image such as ClockWorkMod Recovery.... but I will when a custom ROM becomes available!

It comes with a stable MIUI ROM 2.3.5e on both partitions. I upgraded one via OTA Updates to v 2.3.5j. This OTA update is applied before a reboot is requested.

Really looking forward to the release of ICS (MIUI v4.0) for this phone. Apparently this might happen next Friday!

Well guys.As a young student in China,I wonder how popular Mi-One is in other countries ?Xiaomi is so popular in China that we could hardly buy one thought the Xiaomi Technology has started 3 times releases.They released 100,000 sets at 0:00 Dec.18th and sold out at 3:00 Dec.18th.Again 100,000 sets were sold out in Jan.4th in 4 hours.Hopefully,they promised to increase the stock and started to sell 500,000 sets in Jan.11th and there were none left in Jan.12th. Unluckily,I couldn't buy one.You guys can log on their official website www.xiaomi.com to get latest news.It's original cost is ¥1999($316.9754).I hope you can all enjoy products from China

Well guys.As a young student in China,I wonder how popular Mi-One is in other countries ?Xiaomi is so popular in China that we could hardly buy one thought the Xiaomi Technology has started 3 times releases.They released 100,000 sets at 0:00 Dec.18th and sold out at 3:00 Dec.18th.Again 100,000 sets were sold out in Jan.4th in 4 hours.Hopefully,they promised to increase the stock and started to sell 500,000 sets in Jan.11th and there were none left in Jan.12th. Unluckily,I couldn't buy one.You guys can log on their official website www.xiaomi.com to get latest news.It's original cost is ¥1999($316.9754).I hope you can all enjoy products from China

Yes they are almost impossible to get even in China. I just got mine by after buying a queue ticket off Taobao. It is a fantastic phone for the price and MIUI looks great on it.

Xiaomi also have a web page for corporate purchasers where you have to buy a minimum of 10 handsets. Unfortunately, you have to be a registered business in China to take advantage but I suspect this is where some of the grey imports are coming from.

Mine is different. I bought another one to my sister from 365gate.com. They ship it out at the second day after payment and give me an EMS tracking number. Seems they have a few instock now. They said cant ship the phone via FedEx,DHL and UPS since it has a battery. I paid for FedEx! But, they give me the part of refund. um.. Now is waiting for Xiaomi Mione..

Some while ago I ordered one on androidphoneretail and today I got a track number from DHL, it'll arrive soon... :D

Some while ago I ordered one on androidphoneretail and today I got a track number from DHL, it'll arrive soon... :D

Okay, so at least you didn't get ripped off. I might try em out, but with this HTC One X. I kinda want it instead.

I bought from hotmid.com at $419 with EMS shipping took 6 days from it was shipped with tracking until i got it :)
You also got http://android-sale.com at $469 right now havent bought phone from them only screen protection and back cover.

I got mine for around $435 off AliExpress but I had to wait a few weeks as mine was under the 3rd wave of pre-orders. I saw many selling the fake C2000 which is trying to capitalise on the craze for Xiaomi.

What I dont understatement is when customer service speaks worse English then my 4 year old daughter noone gets suspicious?

I am sorry but the second someone replies like that to me then it's game over.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

What I dont understatement is when customer service speaks worse English then my 4 year old daughter noone gets suspicious?

Give those people a break, English is not their native language so they use translators.
I'd like to see you speaking Chinese...

Reactions: bluebird

Xiaomi is a phone that is available only to the Chinese market after all. Most of the time, the English is still somewhat understandable.

Clearly the phone was bought of a marked selling worldwide (as the phone it self only is available in china) and therefore they probably should know a common language?

Salesman "Yes we sell you phone"
You/me: "riiiiiiiiight....well you see mrs, the phone never arrived and dont get me wrong I am all for charity but that was not my intentions here"
Salesman: "Ok you enjoy phone, have nice day!"

No I am sorry I do not speak chinese, though on the other hand I do not sell anything that requires me to communicate in chinese.
Whether or not Xiaomi knows English was not relevant.

My intentions are not to "feed the trolls", but where you live in the world beats me if you are selling worldwide then you are required to speak properly English.
However if they DO sell stuff around the world but CAN'T communicate properly then I believe its time to be suspicious.