Do you recommend?

Sarvesvara Dasa

Members
Mar 27, 2012
I'm a mini iPad user. I haven't used and Android tablets yet. Phones, I've used Samsung s2. Now using redmi note.

Do you recommend mipad, as alternative for iPad mini?

That's a bit like going to an Apple forum and asking if the iPad Mini is to be recommended over the Mi Pad :)

If you have the iPad then do you need to change? It depends on what you want to use it for?

The screen size and resolution are the same as the retina screen on the new iPad Mini so viewing content in browsers, videos, books, newspapers etc will be similar (any changes will be down to colour/brightness)

BUT

The processor on the Mi Pad is a beast! It's a 2.2GHz Quad Core (+1) Tegra K1 so if you like gaming with lot's of fancy graphical effects (check out Trine 2) then this is for you.

The cameras on the Mi Pad are better but the software is limited at the moment. There are plenty of camera apps on the market for now though.

Expandable storage!!! You can buy a 16GB or 64GB Mi Pad and stick an up to 128GB microsd card in there! I have a 64GB mi Pad with a 64GB microsd card and have filled around 80GB with apps, games, music and videos so far :)

Android customisation! I am currently using Next Launcher 3D as MIUI for tablets is still very new and missing a lot of features but I have to admit I am more into the 3D and the Tegra K1 runs this brilliantly.

Not sure if I have helped. It's all down to personal preference really and how much you like Android. At least with the MIUI being similar in looks to IOS it's not as big a change for Apple users.

Well, how do you like your phone compared to an iphone (or your ipad mini)?

Hard to recommend anything based on the info you give, what do you like about the ipad mini, what don't you like...

If you mainly use you tablet for browsing, mailing, reading, etc.
If you don't mind not perfectly out of the box working software.
If you enjoy working with your android phone

Then yeah, I'd recommend it.

But if you already have an ipad mini, which does the above tasks perfectly fine AND has the exact same screen AND for which you probably have a number of apps already... Then I don't see that much benefit (unless you REALLY want to have android or get rid of apple)

Thanks for the comments.

The iPad will go to my wife. So, I needed an replacement.

I don't want to pay more for Samsung devices. Since I am ok with the iPad size and screen, I wanted to buy this.

Also, I love my Redmi Note. I am a Android fan..

I will go for it...

Reactions: Trem
From what I understand, work on the current version of the interface has stopped while they work on getting v6 out ASAP. Depending on when you purchase it initially it will be quite limited (you can install anything you miss from the Play Store) but in a few weeks we should have a fully working interface. Just bear with it.

Still buy now if you want. It is still usable just missing some functionality that the mobile version of MIUI enjoys. Anything you think you may be missing you can install something from the Play Store in the meantime. V6 will hopefully be within the next few weeks.

I love my Mi Pad and while I wait for v6 I am using Next Launcher 3d as it looks ace