New Documents Ui Force Close

endursa

Members
Jul 20, 2011
Launch any application that relies on doc ui it will force close, for example snapped

Language English and german

how to reproduce it..? no FC on my Mi5 at all...
DocumentsUI.apk disabled

@ingbrzy you have to:
first enable DocumentsUI
second - two options here
a) try to export a file from Dropbox to your internal memory (Dropbox->Phone) from the dropbrox app.
b) try to print a web page with Chrome and save to pdf

If DocumentsUI is disabled, a popup will tell you to enable it, as usual.
If you enable it and then try one of this two things (but everything that is related with DocumentsUI) you will get the error...i'll take a logcat if you want, but others have this problem too even on MiPad2, 4s etc etc

Here: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=275038&highlight=documents
and here: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=302129&highlight=documents

Edit: For the dropbox is not that much of a problem because one can use RootExplorer for example and add a tab dedicated to Dropbox, but for other programs there is no work around

Edit: Plus there is the problem that if you reboot the device, DocumentsUI will be disabled again...
To solve one have to turn off miui optimization option in developer options.
Same problem as here : http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=279218&extra=&highlight=documents&page=1

Edit: I've already tried to transplant the apk from 7.3 (none of this issue there) but was a no no

Edit:
Code:
root@libra:/data/data/berserker.android.apps.sshdroid/home # logcat | grep Document
I/ActivityManager( 1071): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.CREATE_DOCUMENT cat=[android.intent.category.OPENABLE] typ=image/jpeg cmp=com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity (has extras)} from uid 10089 on display 0
V/WindowManager( 1071): addAppToken: AppWindowToken{2e6444cd token=Token{2353fa64 ActivityRecord{2db73bf7 u0 com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity t136}}} to stack=1 task=136 at 2
I/ActivityManager( 1071): Start proc 13222:com.android.documentsui/u0a43 for activity com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity
D/PowerKeeperEventLogManager( 6282): notifyForegroundCompomentChanged ComponentInfo{com.android.documentsui/com.android.documentsui.DocumentsActivity}
E/AndroidRuntime(13222): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.documentsui/com.android.documentsui.DocumentsActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException: A TaskDescription's primary color should be opaque
W/ActivityManager( 1071):   Force finishing activity 1 com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity
D/Documents(13222): Update found 6 roots in 566ms
W/ActivityManager( 1071): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{2db73bf7 u0 com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity t136 f}
I/ActivityManager( 1071): START u0 {act=android.intent.action.CREATE_DOCUMENT cat=[android.intent.category.OPENABLE] typ=image/jpeg cmp=com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity (has extras)} from uid 10089 on display 0
V/WindowManager( 1071): addAppToken: AppWindowToken{1c56c103 token=Token{130a8db2 ActivityRecord{1155f3bd u0 com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity t136}}} to stack=1 task=136 at 2
I/ActivityManager( 1071): Start proc 13675:com.android.documentsui/u0a43 for activity com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity
D/PowerKeeperEventLogManager( 6282): notifyForegroundCompomentChanged ComponentInfo{com.android.documentsui/com.android.documentsui.DocumentsActivity}
E/AndroidRuntime(13675): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.documentsui/com.android.documentsui.DocumentsActivity}: java.lang.RuntimeException: A TaskDescription's primary color should be opaque
W/ActivityManager( 1071):   Force finishing activity 1 com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity
D/Documents(13675): Update found 6 roots in 68ms
W/ActivityManager( 1071): Activity pause timeout for ActivityRecord{1155f3bd u0 com.android.documentsui/.DocumentsActivity t136 f}

Last edited:
Reactions: ingbrzy
Any news? I hope for a new ROM version even if I doubt that miui will release it for now...

@exalted piece Thanks for help but that's not the problem, plus i already stated this in my post over there.

With miui optimization off, documents UI will stay enabled after a reboot but the FC is still happening

Edit: Plus there is the problem that if you reboot the device, DocumentsUI will be disabled again...
To solve one have to turn off miui optimization option in developer options.

Last edited:
Searched the web long time, no solution...this problem comes and go with different rom version on many devices.
I don't think @ingbrzy could do anything, but we have to make a big report bug