Does "battery checkup" optimization do anything?

eng333

Members
Oct 11, 2023
It will give a large list of apps to kill. But after I approve, the apps still seem to be running.

When I go-to the battery time estimate, it doesn't change at all

Account the same line of question, any tips in things to disable to save a significant amount of battery?

It's not as effective as a battery optimizer. To optimize, you can:

1. Debloat, but you should be aware of what you are removing and what the consequences will be.

2. Use the GMS doze module if you have root. Same as 1 - you should know what the consequences might be.

3. Optimize the autostart list, reduce the list as much as possible.

4. You can try to use open source (FOSS) alternatives to the applications you use. It might help reduce battery usage, but I'd say it won't do much.

Having a better battery backup is just like having a better CPU in your phone. Because better CPU = more processing power. More processing power = faster task execution.

I was questioning if it does anything. The first option supposedly closes a bunch of apps and usually is supposed to add "several hours" of battery time but after applying the "optimization", the apps are still open. The estimated time left does not change.
The second option it offers is to remove everything from autostart. It usually estimates at least another hour of battery life. This does work, it removes everything, but the estimated time life does not change.

what is a battery "backup"? and how does it cause tasks to execute faster?