Invalid don't set password on my redmi note 7

Jul 3, 2020
Hello, I hope and help me to solve this error, I recently updated my redmi note 7 to version 20.7.2 weekly, but when entering a password to the device it is not registered and it is totally insecure and every time I try to put another time not register.

Thanks
Screenshot_2020-07-03-18-34-32-932_com.android.settings.jpg

Reactions: ycomiti
Hello, I hope and help me to solve this error, I recently updated my redmi note 7 to version 20.7.2 weekly, but when entering a password to the device it is not registered and it is totally insecure and every time I try to put another time not register.

ThanksView attachment 30741View attachment 30740

Try saving your data and formating your phone.
When you phone will restart after you formated it, it will ask you to set a password.

Try downgrading to 2.6.18:
If your issue persist after downgrading to 2.6.18, try reflashing the official firmware which was come with your phone.
Disable force encryption is what causes me to disable the option to put fingerprint or password, but I found a way to update the weekly ROM without having to decrypt the Internal storage, also it is not a problem of the ROM is of the DFE, install again the 20.7.2 without DFE and everything works normal for me

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

I don't understand what is "failed", Is is for decrypting "/data" partition in TWRP (using your lockscreen password)?
If yes, you should try to install & use latest OrangeFox instead of TWRP, read my following post => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/encrypted-data-redmi-note-7.56470/#post-551300
:)
When i put My password in twrp it tells me that it is not possible Or it gives me an error putting my lockscreen password, i will try Orange fox, any way thank You and sorry If I did not imply

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk