downgrade from 12.5 TO 11

cyber007

Members
Mar 13, 2014
Miui ver. 12.5 is full of lags with me
i want to downgrade to stable 11 again
every time i try to ( after wipe data , cash , vendor ) install the rom from recovery it loops for 2 times then back to recovery again !!! any help with that
thanks

"Format Data" (in "Wipe" menu => "Format Data" button) and NOT wipe /data, to do a clean install.

;)

which phone did you do this on? I have MI 10 and also wnat to downgrade, but im am very concerned about anti-rollback-protection combined with an older android version...

Thank you For fast answer! But Mi 9t ist one year older and im not quite Sure If there May ne a difference to the Mi 10... Im am in fear of hardbricking my device... Maybe a real pro Like Igor or so knows the answer...? :))

Thank you For fast answer! But Mi 9t ist one year older and im not quite Sure If there May ne a difference to the Mi 10... Im am in fear of hardbricking my device... Maybe a real pro Like Igor or so knows the answer...? :))
There shouldn't be any risk from downgrading on any of these devices, ARB (anti-rollback) protection was only ever relevant for Mi 6X, Mi Max 3, Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi 6 Pro, which are way older than what you have.
You'll have to "Format Data", as said above, after flashing whichever ROM you're downgrading to.

Reactions: Poney70
There shouldn't be any risk from downgrading on any of these devices, ARB (anti-rollback) protection was only ever relevant for Mi 6X, Mi Max 3, Redmi Note 5 Pro and Redmi 6 Pro, which are way older than what you have.
You'll have to "Format Data", as said above, after flashing whichever ROM you're downgrading to.

Thank you For your answer!!! Sounds quite promising... Even though For example i cannot downgrade to official MIUI 11 Rom via miflash there it says that it is Not possible due to anti-rollback-protection. And it is a different Android Version so i was quite unsure... But If you say that i will Trust you ^^

So i will wipe Cache, and so on in twrp.
Then i will Install MIUI 11 Zip, then i will Format Data and then reboot and Hope that it works... Correct?

Thank you For your answer!!! Sounds quite promising... Even though For example i cannot downgrade to official MIUI 11 Rom via miflash there it says that it is Not possible due to anti-rollback-protection. And it is a different Android Version so i was quite unsure... But If you say that i will Trust you ^^

So i will wipe Cache, and so on in twrp.
Then i will Install MIUI 11 Zip, then i will Format Data and then reboot and Hope that it works... Correct?
Run this command with fastboot:
Code:
fastboot getvar anti
If the result is "1", you'll be OK.

Run this command with fastboot:
Code:
fastboot getvar anti
If the result is "1", you'll be OK.
Yes i get 1, but For example i Checked all official Mi 10 Fastboot Roms for MIUI 11 and they all have anti Rollback Protection 0, so i cant flash Them. That Made me quite unsure about that...

Yes i get 1, but For example i Checked all official Mi 10 Fastboot Roms for MIUI 11 and they all have anti Rollback Protection 0, so i cant flash Them. That Made me quite unsure about that...
You should be fine.

so. You wont believe it... It actually worked!!! Thank you all!

Here is what i did (For the Case that Someone will be in the Same Situation):

1: copied zip Rom to Phone
2: startet twrp
3: wiped Cache and Art Cache
4: installed the Rom via twrp
5: After that it showed me success but unable to mount system_ext, i was concerned but continued
6: I still stayed in twrp No reboot or so, then Format Data (yes).
7: After that i typed reboot Recovery
8: It Booted Info Fastboot, i was very concerned again
9: Do the following: Exit Fastboot (down + Power), it will Boot in Fastboot again. Then Exit it again, and somehow then it startet booting.
10: After 5 Minutes it startet and showed Welcome to MIUI 11. I am so Happy!!!

Thank you all For your Support! My Mi 10 umi ist finally Back to good old MIUI 11 :))))

But do not install 11.0.25 eu rom to mi 10... safetynet fails... Looking for working solution... At least the rest works... ^^