New Dual apps can't access to Gallery / DCIM of the phone MI 10 pro

fsquinn

Members
Mar 24, 2021
Hi there,

I recently flashed MIUI 12.5 21.3.17 from Stable CN (Mi 10 Pro). Everything is fine but the dual apps. The dual apps can't access the Gallery or apps installed on the phone. Especially when sending a picture thru Whatsapp, I can't find any existing photo albums or folders. However, when I click the original app (no the dual one), those albums appear as normal.

I've tried to delete the dual accounts and re-create the dual apps, the same problem remains.

Thanks!

NB. The dual apps worked normally in the Stable ROM before.

To me it never worked (dual apps is like another profile).

When you press attachment>gallery, just press the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen and open the gallery from here.

That way you will be able to access all the files.

When you press attachment>gallery, just press the 3 dots in the upper right of the screen and open the gallery from here.

That way you will be able to access all the files.
Thank you. I've tried. But the same way doesn't work for other dual apps, e.g. WeChat.

Don't know how to fix this problem.

Thank you. I've tried. But the same way doesn't work for other dual apps, e.g. WeChat.

Don't know how to fix this problem.

With whatsapp the workaround is fine. I think that is a security implementation that will separate everything..

I actually got confused that dual apps could access the primary contacts - that is, I expected them to be separated, but they are not. At least not completely.

As for dual app separation, I ended up using Island App. Unfortunately, sharing images from primary storage to dual apps in Island is quite cumbersome - I cannot simply "send to ..." from gallery.

For my banking apps, I use Second Space, because they do not need to be running all the time and the separation there is even better.

It would be great if there was an isolating app that would allow a better fine tuning (access primary contacts vs access isolated contacts, etc.)

Sent from my Mi 10 Pro Xiaomi.EU 12.2.2.0

I have the same problem here!Can't find media on dual application messenger!Any fix?

Attachments

• IMG_20211006_000032.jpg
    IMG_20211006_000032.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 360