Electrolytic Capacitors Ripped Out / Spare Parts Needed

LX+R

Members
Apr 13, 2014
Hello fellow Xiaomians,

I have a big problem and I need your help to solve it. I wanted to replace a broken display and while opening the phone case I accidentally ripped out some of the small parts of the phone's motherboard. (I marked the 4 parts in question in the attachment) The good news is I have a friend who is adept in SMD/BGA reballing and he could fix this, but I need the part no. of these spare parts.

Motherboard markiert.jpg

Good luck guy..

Thanks a lot. Since it is so damn hard to find out the part numbers of said parts (I contacted every Xiaomi tech support on earth) I am thinking about a different approach: Has anyone in this board a Xiaomi MI2s which is broken or just old/not needed an more, but the mentioned parts are still working, and who would be willing to sell it to me for a reasonable price? I live in Germany, but sending it via post is quite cheap these days (~ 5 €).

Last edited:
three of them look like capacitors and resistors. just measure their values(from a working phone) and replace them.
I have no idea about the small IC though.

Reactions: LX+R
three of them look like capacitors and resistors. just measure their values(from a working phone) and replace them.
I have no idea about the small IC though.

Hey M1cha,

Thanks for your answer. Since I do not have a working MI2s, could you or somebody else in this board could measure the values of these tantalum capacitors and send it to me? I still have to find out more about the square shaped IC.

Hi LX+R,
i'm looking for last chance to cut expense if possible.. "phone died" is my argument and there is no technical person seen it yet..
also will try to get those parts values if i can.. my multimeter measures resistance but i'm not sure about capacitance.. will keep in touch..

Hey M1cha,

Thanks for your answer. Since I do not have a working MI2s, could you or somebody else in this board could measure the values of these tantalum capacitors and send it to me? I still have to find out more about the square shaped IC.
sry but I don't want to disassemble my mi2.

Also afaik u can't measure them while they're connected to the PCB so u'd have to desolder them first.
Shouldn't the value be written at the bottom of the capacitors anyway?

Is there really no one out there with a broken MI2(S) he or she is willing to sell to me?