In Progress Emoji Bug still on miui !! how to fix it ??

sparxx

Members
Oct 21, 2011
sorry
iBotPeaches

but the bug is till there !! you say its been fixed on the close thread but its still there mate :( !?
and here is the picture !! the emoji still dont show up !!

DPe6j.png

Its fixed, if its not fixed for you. Try wiping cache & re-flashing. I can confirm its fixed on all devices.

Its fixed, if its not fixed for you. Try wiping cache & re-flashing. I can confirm its fixed on all devices.
Did you try it on Xperia S. ??! I wipped data +format didnt work.. Dirty flashing didnt works too :-(

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

confirmed this is now working, tested on Maguro (Galaxy Nexus)

As connor suggested clear data and cache from MMS via the app manager in settings, then reboot and wipe dalvik and cache partition. Then reboot as normal.

This bug is not with maguro its on Xperia S and maybe x one and s3 but with Xperia S didnt fixed for sure :)

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

any body had look into the mms apk ??
on the arrays.xml file ??? i think something wrong there

iBot my s2 shows constantly chinese smiles..wiping and re-flashing already done! No idea..language set: "English (US)"

Hope this will be fixed. Love the miui MMS apk but this bugs the crap out of me.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353542704531.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353542704531.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 411
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353610756686.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353610756686.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 492
Just want to add that I also see no emoji.. On GS3, 2.11.30 multi:
uploadfromtaptalk1354511661360.jpg

It seems they're activated on some phones and not on others..
Changing the bools.xml value from false to true in the mms.Apk only activates the extra tabs in the bottom, but still no emojis showing. So it's in the framework or something, not in the mms app itself besides that bool value. Using fonts from a device that it works on, still doesn't fix it.

@ my commodore 64

hope you will find somthing this time :(

while searching for the same issue about the MMS apk not displaying some emoji icons, i came across this thread and this one other. while it worked for my version of MIUI/ROM. you could give it a try:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=32960830

which points to this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1320754

quoted: (fix emoji icons on MMS)
3)Go /system/fonts with root explorer
4)Click "Mount R/W" at the top
5)Long-press on Droidsansfallback.ttf and click delete and then Yes to confirm
7)Navigate back to where you placed the droidsansfallback.ttf
8)Long-press on droidsansfallback.ttf and click "Move"
9)Go back to /system/fonts
10)Click "Paste" at the bottom

download the zip file from: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690781

hope this helps.