Enable Caller ID is not working on MI 9T MIUI Global 10.3.6.0 (PFJMIXM)

Purshill

Members
Jul 17, 2019
Hello!

Enable Caller ID is not working on Xiaomi MI 9T MIUI Global 10.3.6.0 (PFJMIXM). Mobile service provider TELEKOM HU (Hungary). I can enable the Caller ID with the same SIM card if I use it in other phones (Samsung Sony Huawei). So I'm sure the SIM card is OK.
Currently the caller ID only works on my SIM if I put *31# before the phone number.
I have actived the Caller ID with the service provider but still not working with MI 9T. :(
Therefore I assume the issue is on the MI 9T software side.

Can you help to solve this issue?
Thanks for your kind support!
p

Hello!

I have found the solution.
The main help was to play with 3G and 4G setting.
I switched my SIM2 (in the secondary slot) to 3G and after that I was able to manage SIM2 (but SIM1 still not woked if I switch SIM1 to 3G mode).
So I swap the cards put the SIM1 card to the secondary slot and switched it to 3G and I was able to allow the caller ID for SIM1 in the secondary slot.
I was curious if I swap the cards again will the setup remain so I swapped them again and the caller ID works for both.
So actually it is working if you configure the SIM card in 3G in the secondary slot.
Now both SIM cards have caller ID in 4G as well.

Once again! Thank you for your kind help and support! :)

Reactions: pdanielhu
Thank you VERY much for the information. I appreciate it. It worked for us as well. And I very much respect you for the effort and patience to figure it out.
Additional info, that the problem might occur only with Magyar Telekom (HU) cards. (One other that we tried was from abroad, and worked well without the trick).

Thanks again,
Daniel

Hello!

I have found the solution.
The main help was to play with 3G and 4G setting.
I switched my SIM2 (in the secondary slot) to 3G and after that I was able to manage SIM2 (but SIM1 still not woked if I switch SIM1 to 3G mode).
So I swap the cards put the SIM1 card to the secondary slot and switched it to 3G and I was able to allow the caller ID for SIM1 in the secondary slot.
I was curious if I swap the cards again will the setup remain so I swapped them again and the caller ID works for both.
So actually it is working if you configure the SIM card in 3G in the secondary slot.
Now both SIM cards have caller ID in 4G as well.

Once again! Thank you for your kind help and support! :)

Hello!
I have the same exact issue with the same provider (Magyar Telekom HU).
I have Redmi 9 with Miui 12.5.5.0 stable, but the Caller ID send is not working since about 2019-2020.
The error is the same, as the screenshot in the first post.
As the phone can not set the state of Caller ID sending, and the solution from the 2nd post did not worked for me, I have found another solution.
The Caller ID sending setting can be set by sending an SMS to 1414, with the following content: -SZAMTILTAS