eu rom for mi 11 pro-question about understanding

You need to understand you can't get Ota updates in xiaomi eu rom. You need to do them manually with a computer or twrp recovery. If you want Ota updates you need to buy the global variant of the phone with global rom installed
Not true, I have been using Xiaomi.eu roms for years. I currently own the Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 10 Pro and the Redmi K20 Pro. I previously owned the Mi A2, the Mi Mix 2 and the Mi Mix 2S. I purchased all with the China rom, unlocked the bootloaders and flashed Xiaomi.eu roms and yes they do get regular OTAs, because Xiaomi.eu is based on the China rom and the China rom is updated frequently. Much more frequently than any other stock rom from Xiaomi, such as the EEA, In, Indo, or Global roms.

maybe i didnt explain myself , but right now i have huawei mate 10 pro and everytime i get anotification that an update is waiting for me . all i have to do is to click on the link and then the whole process begin till the end of the instalation . thats all i wanted .

maybe i didnt explain myself , but right now i have huawei mate 10 pro and everytime i get anotification that an update is waiting for me . all i have to do is to click on the link and then the whole process begin till the end of the instalation . thats all i wanted .
With Xiaomi eu, there is an assistant that try to download the ROM, reboot to TWRP, and install it. Sometimes this assistant will not work for whatever reason, and you would need to update manually. You may also need to input your pattern or PIN in TWRP and/or update TWRP.

Some people consider it counts as an OTA, some don't, some just won't use it. It is all up to you to choose if it is enough for you or not.

I'm sorry to tell you but if you want it to work as easy as that you need to buy the global variant of mi 11 (mi11 pro doesn't have global variant) with global rom from your local shop.

MiFlash is Xiaomi's own tool for flashing their own stock roms. The Global, EEA, In (India) and Indo (Indonesia) are all stock roms from Xiaomi. The difference between the China and Global roms are that the Global roms have Google services installed which the China rom does not. Xiaomi.eu is a combination of the twom with the features of the China rom, but multiple languages and Google serices installed. Any of the stock roms will update seemlessly and with the exception of the China roms, Xiaomi.eu will have more regular updates than any of the Global roms. Update methods are slightly different, but they all get updates. Any of the stock roms will update seamlessly and depending on TWRPs configuration and coding, you may or not be able to Install the OTA without human interaction.

where i can find the rom of the "global edition" of the ultra 11?
Search online and you will find it... ;)

EDIT: Better buy "Global" Mi 11 Ultra model if you don't plan to install a Xiaomi.eu ROM. I don't think you can install a "Global" ROM on "China" Mi 11 Ultra model and keep the bootloader of the device locked. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LOLO9393
when you flash the rom and lock the bootloader, it will brick.
i dont understand . i buy the phone and open the bootloader with the xiaomi tool , after that flashing the rom and thats all , why to lock the bootloader again ???

why a massive confusion ??? i want to install the eu.rom after opening the bootloader , whats wrong with what ive just said? why to lock it again after installing the rom?
because you said
where i can find the rom of the "global edition" of the ultra 11?
Instead of just mentioning, "where can i download the xiaomi.eu rom?"

heres the ultra rom for xiaomi.eu

or if download is too slow on sourceforge, download it from here

Reactions: geoorg and Poney70
because you said

Instead of just mentioning, "where can i download the xiaomi.eu rom?"

heres the ultra rom for xiaomi.eu

or if download is too slow on sourceforge, download it from here
thnx you all for helping , but sorry i decided to buy the 11 pro .
after ill get it ill come here again asking about the right exact source for th eu.rom

It only bricks if you flash a rom
im getting confused !!! if im flashing a rom it will brick???!!!
ive said before - all i want is to buy the phone with original chinese rom , open the bootloader with the xiaomi tool , after that flashing the eu.rom and thats all , maybe pushing updates from time to time , but with this process i can brick the phone ??? please!!!
lets say another thing - if after flashing the eu.rom i want to replace it with another rom , will i be abla to do that without no fear of brick???

No confusion. If you get the China variant and flash the Global rom on it, it should work fine. However, you can only lock the bootloader with the ROM from the same region as the phone. For example, China phone can only relock with China rom. If you accidentally lock the bootloader while flashing a rom from another region than what your phone is from, if you can still acess fastboot, first use the MiUnlock tool to reunlock your bootloader and then reflash a rom. But do not attempt to lock the bootloader after flashing a rom from a region that the device is not from. Many peoplerealize their banking apps will not work with an unlocked bootloader and try to lock it, that's why I use Xiaomi.eu. The unlocked bootloader is hidden and can't be detected by most baking apps.

Reactions: JiaiJ
dearest friends , i have "a little" tech knowledge , it was a years ago when you all where in school or even not born when i was starting flashing roms at my htc desire ...
if someone doesnt understand an issue , a new thing for him , because till now he was using a phone from a local store with a rom that was never changed , so what ???
if you wanna help , go ahead , if not , dont help !
i want this mi 11 pro and im keep saying what ive said before -
i want to buy the chinese edition from china , to request to open the bootloader , waiting a week , and then installing the twrp , after that flashing the eu.rom (because i want to use the phone in my language and to get all the benefits from this rom) , from time to time i will update the rom . thats all !!! what so hard to understand???
maybe in the furture i will flash another rom , maybe "the real global rom from xiaomi" , so all i wanted to know and all was confused in my mind is the words of some of you saying that the phone could be brick !!! and i asked you all - why is that? why brick if im doing all this process that ive mentioned above ???
its not a shame to say im not understanding , its a big mistake to do wrong action because you didnt ask before !
i want to understand the proces behind your word - could brick the phone . why to bricked if you only do what i was written above .

thnx friends . and please be more patients

dearest friends , i have "a little" tech knowledge , it was a years ago when you all where in school or even not born when i was starting flashing roms at my htc desire ...
if someone doesnt understand an issue , a new thing for him , because till now he was using a phone from a local store with a rom that was never changed , so what ???
i want to buy the chinese edition from china , to request to open the bootloader , waiting a week , and then installing the twrp , after that flashing the eu.rom (because i want to use the phone in my language and to get all the benefits from this rom) , from time to time i will update the rom . thats all !!! what so hard to understand???
maybe in the furture i will flash another rom , maybe "the real global rom from xiaomi" , so all i wanted to know and all was confused in my mind is the words of some of you saying that the phone could be brick !!! and i asked you all - why is that? why brick if im doing all this process that ive mentioned above ???
its not a shame to say im not understanding , its a big mistake to do wrong action because you didnt ask before !
i want to understand the proces behind your word - could brick the phone . why to bricked if you only do what i was written above .

Words have meaning, if you randomly speak about installing the global ROM (which may be dangerous if you don't understand what you do) when people have been patient enough to explain you for days and in full details what you have to do and the impacts of using Xiaomi.eu ROM, you leave them puzzled.

Good luck with your install.

Last edited:

Because you do not seem to grasp the concepts very well (understand), perhaps you need a phone that is more simple. Otherwise, you might end up with a brick. So I suggest you get another phone where you do not need to do anything. However, I am 64 years old and have been flashing roms for years and I was in IT for 30 years prior to retiring. While I am willing to help you, you must also take on a certain amount of responsibility to learn and understand, as no one here is being paid to be your teacher. We can only explain the same thing so many times, before it becomes a waste of our time.

Reactions: LOLO9393
hi ,
i want to buy the mi11 pro from "**************" and they have the mi 11 pro with the "XIAOMI.EU TWRP Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1 " , but im so confused between the global and the eu.rom , and i dont know exactly which rom is suitable for me .
please help me understand .
what i want is :

thnx
i'm using mi 11 ultra eu rom, better than global in my opinion.
in terms of roms, mi 11 pro and ultra is the same.

1. full support in hebrew
i see in the phone language settings, looks like hebrew option is there (עִברִית)

2. automatic future updates from xiaomi ...i dont want to search by self , i want to get it automatically , a massage tat an update is ready for me to install
the update notification is there, one tap to download from settings, but then have to manually install from custom recovery (TWRP), it's easy though

3. google play store and all the google app , like chrome , drive , etc/
google play store is there, so all google apps are available

4. google pay and other payment
i can confirm it's there and functioning, as i'm using it daily

5. i dont want all the chinese app
miui.ue rom doesn't have these apps

which rom is for me?
i'm using several xiaomi devices before this mi 11 ultra (and also a poco f3 as my secondary device), and eu rom is always better than global in my personal experience

and , what is the meaning of - Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1 ???
safetynet passed = banking apps (and other apps) that checks for this will work
ota updates = miui.eu rom has OTA, but has to manually install from custom recovery, but it's easy, don't worry
widevine level 1 = a DRM in android phone, L1 is the highest, meaning can watch netflix (and other streaming apps) in HD and dolby vision

if possible, only buy one BNIB, with locked bootloader, you can unlock the bootloader yourself and install MIUI.eu rom, use tutorial in this forum.
if you buy the already unlocked one, there's a chance when you're formatting data, and start new, it'll ask for previously signed in account for that phone, which is the seller's number. you won't be able to progress without OTP from the seller. but if the seller is smart, they should've removed their account beforehand, so it won't prompt in the future

Reactions: Jimnasium