Fastboot problem Mi note 10

outofsys90

Members
Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone,
I start by saying that so far I have owned and unlocked at least 5 Xiaomi devices, so a little experience I think I have accumulated.
Today I wanted to unlock the bootloader of my Mi Note 10. I arm myself with patience, download everything i need (miunlock, miflash for the drivers).
Usb debugging activated
OEM release activated
I add Account on Mi unlock
I start miunlock
I put the smartphone in fastboot
The pc does not detect it --- Nothing, no sound and miunlock stuck on "connect device".
I open Adb (always present on the PC), I restart the device, I connect to the PC, it is recognized
Adb Devices --- ok, it is recognized
adb reboot bootloader --- ok it is restarted in fastboot
fastboot device --- Nothing! no sound of reconnection and remains stuck on Waiting Device (I open the device manager of Win 10 and if I disconnect / reattach it does not even go the typical update of the connected devices)

I doubt whether the cable ... I try 4 cables but nothing
I doubt whether the USB port ... I try them all but nothing
I doubt both the pc ... I try to landline, but nothing, same problem
I doubt whether Win 10 ... I brush up on the old pc with win 7, but nothing
I doubt whether I am the problem ... I resume the Redmi Note 7, the same procedure and in a moment everything went.

In short, it seems that from fastboot no signal arrives to the pc, I can't understand if I skipped some new passage or if it is a problem of the device, so I ask you if you have any suggestions to meet me.

I thank you in advance for the attention and help you will offer !!!

Did you click on the gear at the top right on the Mi Unlock tool to check for the latest drivers? Not sure if windows 10 has an issue. Didn't work for me on my windows 10 laptop. I ended up using an old pc that still had windows 8.1

I've heard some users saying XiaoMiTool V2 helps. Basically an all-in-one tool

Last edited:
Yes i check the driver and i ha e tried xiaomitool 2 without effect...
Today i tried with Windows XP and Linux bit nothing work...
I don't understand...

Meanwhile thanks for the help

Only other thing could be the cables, only the original xiaomi cable would work. Used my P30 Pro cable on my Mi Note 10. Didn't detect in fastboot. Only detected with my original cable.

You could also try to uninstall the Qualcomm drivers and reinstall them. Make sure you have the latest version of the the mi unlock tool. Older versions aren't working.

Last edited:
This was also the solution for me. I used before three days another cable (from my older Samsung S8) and the unlock has been started (159h). Last time i´ve unlocked the Mi Note 10 (this time the Pro model) it takes only three days.
EDIT: Today i flashed now Xiaomi.eu/ MIUI 12 without problems. I´ve got only a little nervous, that it took so long until TWRP appeared.

Last edited:
hi everyone, my only solution is assistance center. yesterday it's arrived and no problem for fastboot, it go well and started bootloader process (seven day!). Now new problem is fingerprint that don't work (i think assistance error -.-)

You are unsecure during the unlocking procedure, it happens sometime. After installng Xiaomi.eu ingrprint works again.

Hello everyone,
I start by saying that so far I have owned and unlocked at least 5 Xiaomi devices, so a little experience I think I have accumulated.
Today I wanted to unlock the bootloader of my Mi Note 10. I arm myself with patience, download everything i need (miunlock, miflash for the drivers).
Usb debugging activated
OEM release activated
I add Account on Mi unlock
I start miunlock
I put the smartphone in fastboot
The pc does not detect it --- Nothing, no sound and miunlock stuck on "connect device".
I open Adb (always present on the PC), I restart the device, I connect to the PC, it is recognized
Adb Devices --- ok, it is recognized
adb reboot bootloader --- ok it is restarted in fastboot
fastboot device --- Nothing! no sound of reconnection and remains stuck on Waiting Device (I open the device manager of Win 10 and if I disconnect / reattach it does not even go the typical update of the connected devices)

I doubt whether the cable ... I try 4 cables but nothing
I doubt whether the USB port ... I try them all but nothing
I doubt both the pc ... I try to landline, but nothing, same problem
I doubt whether Win 10 ... I brush up on the old pc with win 7, but nothing
I doubt whether I am the problem ... I resume the Redmi Note 7, the same procedure and in a moment everything went.

In short, it seems that from fastboot no signal arrives to the pc, I can't understand if I skipped some new passage or if it is a problem of the device, so I ask you if you have any suggestions to meet me.

I thank you in advance for the attention and help you will offer !!!
please i have the same problem like u exactly did u find a solution ?