Phone stuck on recovery mode and bootloop

yoshibboss

Members
Mar 1, 2024
hi guys,
i have a Redmi Note 12S and randomly yesterday i grabbed it and noticed that the screen was black. then i tried to reboot it and the option "turn off" - "reboot" were showing in an unusual ui, similar to android kitkat. after rebooting it just got stuck in a loop where it gets to the recovery menu.

- if i choose reboot, it goes back to the recovery mode.
- if I choose safe mode it loads into it, but the screen is black (only "safe mode" text is showing at the bottom) and after a few seconds it reboots.
- if I try any power button + volume combination it just crashes after less than a second.

If i choose connect to MiAssistant it doesn't reboot, it actually gives me the chance to connect it to my pc and be able to use adb and fastboot. But neither MiAssistant or MiPCSuite recognize my device (even though it gets recognized on adb devices). My idea after all of this was to flash a rom using MiFlash, but it always gives me an error: "FAILED (remote: not allowed in locked state)". seems like that this doesn't work because i don't have the bootloader enabled, and even commands like "flashboot flashing unlock" do not work.

other notes:
- i have installed all the adb, xiaomi and fastboot drivers correctly (or at least i think so)
- already tried to let the battery die, nothing changes
- isn't a power - volume buttons issue

I really don't want to lose my data, especially if it's something that's not my fault. do you think there's a way i can fix it? or at least recover my files?
do you think going to my local assistance centre will be helpful?

thanks in advance.