Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

So when using OTA with this ROM, the add-ons while be installed automatically with every update ?

Add-ons will stay. If will happen/disappear something... new version will be created, but you will just re-flash it without any user data loss. Only boot+bootloader+system. You can easily check batch file from 1 option.

Hi,
I am intersted in trying this rom. however, my system isn't windows but linux and therefor cannot use .bat files
is there an alternative?
thanks

Hi,
I am intersted in trying this rom. however, my system isn't windows but linux and therefor cannot use .bat files
is there an alternative?
thanks

Maybe I'm wrong, but "fastboot" command is also in Linux

fastboot $* getvar product 2>&1 | grep "^product: *latte$"
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then echo "Missmatching image and device"; exit 1; fi
fastboot $* flash bootloader `dirname $0`/bootloader.img
fastboot $* format cache
fastboot $* flash system `dirname $0`/system.img
fastboot $* flash boot `dirname $0`/boot.img
fastboot $* reboot

This set of commands should work. Or?

thank you Papka_ for your answer and efforts.
as far as I know (and I am just a power user, not a linux system man), adb is not really linux.
in any case, you made a script to operate the installation process. Maby it is possible to creat a similar bash script, but this is beond my abilities.
if you could write down the list of adb commands that are required, than I could run them line by line on adb.
instead of running a script, I can run the commands seperatly. for example:
fastboot $* flash bootloader `(your device id here)`/bootloader.img
or so
thanks in advance

thank you Papka_ for your answer and efforts.
as far as I know (and I am just a power user, not a linux system man), adb is not really linux.
in any case, you made a script to operate the installation process. Maby it is possible to creat a similar bash script, but this is beond my abilities.
if you could write down the list of adb commands that are required, than I could run them line by line on adb.
instead of running a script, I can run the commands seperatly. for example:
fastboot $* flash bootloader `(your device id here)`/bootloader.img
or so
thanks in advance

I think I wrote you exact commands in my post above. Run all flash commands - that's all.

Ok Thanks.
I'll just write down the commands I used from Papka_'s bat file.
I entered fastboot and used these commands (from the folder where Papka_'s files were extracted to):

flash bootloader bootloader.img
format cache
flash system system.img
flash boot boot.img
reboot

got the rom installed allright
but very unresponsive and with "unfortunaley Google play services has..." and closing

You moved from China ROM or any custom ROM? If from custom - you should also execute "fastboot format data". Note, that all user data will be lost.
Yeah.... Looks like it's a problem with Market... My fault. I should have a look. I will publish 6.9.22 later toda, when I'll find where is a problem...

Last edited:
You moved from China ROM or any custom ROM? If from custom - you should also execute "fastboot format data". Note, that all user data will be lost.
Yeah.... Looks like it's a problem with Market... My fault. I should have a look. I will publish 6.9.22 later toda, when I'll find where is a problem...

try not to wipe data, but exact command "fastboot format data". I just did reset to factory defaults my tab and then setup it again. No market errors.... If format will not help, I'll upload new (22) version later today.

OK, I've done the whole process again adding the command to format data. here is the full list of commands I used:

fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot format cache
fastboot format data
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot

But still, Mi app store and Google play servives keep crashing and I never manage even to setting up my google account before it crashes...

Another thing: the OTA works well and so I immediately recieve a message about the Miui version (6.9.22) but after download it reboots automatically into recovery and says "Failed to install Update to System"

OK, I've done the whole process again adding the command to format data. here is the full list of commands I used:

fastboot format cache
fastboot format data
fastboot reboot

But still, Mi app store and Google play servives keep crashing and I never manage even to setting up my google account before it crashes...

Another thing: the OTA works well and so I immediately recieve a message about the Miui version (6.9.22) but after download it reboots automatically into recovery and says "Failed to install Update to System"

Take 6.9.22 from first post. Then
fastboot format cache
fastboot reboot

All will works. My fault. Problem was found and fixed. Sorry.

Yes! All works well so far.
Thank you very much! This is so much better than the original ROM that came with the tablet. Smooth and fast and without all the unnecessary apps that were forced on me...
And thanks also for your quick and helpful response

hello sir papka. im sorry but i cannot extract 6.9.22 China ROM. It fails. Would it be fine to check? Thank you very much.

I did download and extraced. Installation went fine. Perhaps try downloading again from Papka's first post?

hello sir papka. im sorry but i cannot extract 6.9.22 China ROM. It fails. Would it be fine to check? Thank you very much.

Please, try once again and if problem reappear, let me know, I'll have a look.

I hope you are using latest winrar? Rar5 used to archive.

Please, try once again and if problem reappear, let me know, I'll have a look.

I hope you are using latest winrar? Rar5 used to archive.

It was the rar5 compression. My extractor doesn't support it. Thank you. I can confirm that the problem lies on my side. Thank you very much!

Hello all,

I installed the rom, so far so good. The only thing is, I cannot update or install anything through Play Store. It says "Download pending...".
I relocked the bootloader after installation, could that be the cause? I thought that it is necessary in order to get the OTA updates.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello all,

I installed the rom, so far so good. The only thing is, I cannot update or install anything through Play Store. It says "Download pending...".
I relocked the bootloader after installation, could that be the cause? I thought that it is necessary in order to get the OTA updates.

Thanks

If you re-locking tab, you should either use option 2 to install ROM or just go to fastboot mode and write "fastboot -w" then "fastboot reboot". User data will be lost, you will re-setup tab after reboot and all will works.

If you re-locking tab, you should either use option 2 to install ROM or just go to fastboot mode and write "fastboot -w" then "fastboot reboot". User data will be lost, you will re-setup tab after reboot and all will works.

Looks like problem is related with clearing the "Download Manager" data. After that I managed to pass the pending problem but then error code 963 appeared during the installation. I applied your fix (fastboot flash data userdata.img) and after that it was all fixed.
However relocking the bootloader is not convenient at all; first, I couldn't apply your fixes while the bootloader was locked... it all returned back with fail message "command is not valid at locked state"; second, locking the bootloader makes the Play Store problem reappear again (code 963) unless you unlock and reflash userdata.img again.
I think it's better to stay with unlocked bootloader again for the moment. I hope OTA updates will survive.
Thanks for your help and for the rom!