Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

xiaomi.eu 8.5.1.0

Have a look into archive for 8.5.1 for China based ROM provided in initial post. I think recovery.IMG will be there. If not - download original fastboot China based ROM 8.5.1 and extract recovery from there. Then take toolbox, copy recovery image you would like to flash into RECOVERY folder and flash it from toolbox. Then set bootloader to verified state (also from toolbox). That's all.

Have a look into archive for 8.5.1 for China based ROM provided in initial post. I think recovery.IMG will be there. If not - download original fastboot China based ROM 8.5.1 and extract recovery from there. Then take toolbox, copy recovery image you would like to flash into RECOVERY folder and flash it from toolbox. Then set bootloader to verified state (also from toolbox). That's all.
Thanks, sounds simple enough!

Last edited:
I have your ROM MIUI 8.2. by xiaomi EU 6.12.15. Beta ROM installed on my Xiaomi MI Pad 2. It has Android 5.1.

Do you have some kind of ROM with Android 7 which I could just flash over this one?

I have your ROM MIUI 8.2. by xiaomi EU 6.12.15. Beta ROM installed on my Xiaomi MI Pad 2. It has Android 5.1.

Do you have some kind of ROM with Android 7 which I could just flash over this one?

There are no ROM's with Android 7 on our device. But, next week, I'll publish LineageOS 13 based on Android 6 for fastboot/toolbox, made by tank0412. I'm testing now. Looks nice.

Reactions: Mr.Tokich
I had an update overnight 7.10.12 that made me lose root.

The worrying thing is that I had Auto System Updates switched OFF and yet it still downloaded and installed automatically.

Papka, any chance of a new ROM or are we waiting for Android 7?
Thanks mate

I had an update overnight 7.10.12 that made me lose root.

The worrying thing is that I had Auto System Updates switched OFF and yet it still downloaded and installed automatically.

Papka, any chance of a new ROM or are we waiting for Android 7?
Thanks mate

I'll update MIUI next week. Will try to publish LOS13, based on Android 6 not 7, today evening. We will never been moved to 7. No Intel drivers. 6 is absolutely last step.

Ha! Just got to know, that due to Updater bug, it's downloading OTA and then full ROM. So if you don't want to wait, flash over my last version, download update, flash smallest size via 3 dots.

I'll update MIUI next week. Will try to publish LOS13, based on Android 6 not 7, today evening. We will never been moved to 7. No Intel drivers. 6 is absolutely last step.
Thanks for your hard work. Can't wait to use LOS13.

Seems like Lenovo managed to pull off a Nougat release on Yoga Book that is running on Intel. Kudos to them too.

LOS13 ready for download. Note, TWRP will be flashed and error 03 will persist. I tested ROM myself and all working fine. No random reboots.
Camera not working!

Reactions: gearosv2
LOS13 ready for download. Note, TWRP will be flashed and error 03 will persist. I tested ROM myself and all working fine. No random reboots.
Camera not working!

I tried this LOS13 rom but my pad 2 wouldn't boot.
Corrupted boot image message (Error 02) and rebooted with (Error 01) then went into Fastboot recovery automatically.
I tried again with the same result.

So ended up putting your last China Dev rom on it and switching off the Updater auto download.

Can you explain in more detail how to update manually directly on device (download update but only install smallest size??? Using the dots menu?)

I tried this LOS13 rom but my pad 2 wouldn't boot.
Corrupted boot image message (Error 02) and rebooted with (Error 01) then went into Fastboot recovery automatically.
I tried again with the same result.

So ended up putting your last China Dev rom on it and switching off the Updater auto download.

Can you explain in more detail how to update manually directly on device (download update but only install smallest size??? Using the dots menu?)

Bootloader should stay unlocked.

Bootloader should stay unlocked.
Managed to finally got LOS13 running after multiple flash. What I did was that I flashed with native rom using Intel tool and then use Papka__ tool to flash the LOS13 in.

I'm very happy with this rom. Very responsive and no issue with many apps opened.

Thank you again! You have made Mi Pad 2 alive again!

I have a question. Will LOS13 get OTA updates?

OTA - no. I have no idea if guys will continue and for how long time. I got some small troubles like a bit strange WiFi behavior, non working sound regulation from headset and so on. In total ROM is fine. The only thing I definitely don't like is error3 (unlocked bootloader). But it's nothing to do with that. Let's see how it will goes.

BTW. That's strange, that you got problems flashing LOS13. There were no special steps from my side flashing/installing. The only thing should be done - set bootloader to unlock state.

Last edited:
OTA - no. I have no idea if guys will continue and for how long time. I got some small troubles like a bit strange WiFi behavior, non working sound regulation from headset and so on. In total ROM is fine. The only thing I definitely don't like is error3 (unlocked bootloader). But it's nothing to do with that. Let's see how it will goes.

BTW. That's strange, that you got problems flashing LOS13. There were no special steps from my side flashing/installing. The only thing should be done - set bootloader to unlock state.
I did the following:
1) changed the unlock and used option 7
2) rebooted and was welcomed by TWRP seeking option to make something read only. I did it and went into boot issue
3) after several reboot, it went into endless reboot mode
4) used Intel tool to reset to native rom
5) this time I applied every option in your tool menu and even option 8 after LOS13 is flashed into the device
6) success this time. Took much less time to setup cos the respond is allot faster than MIUI.

I did the following:
1) changed the unlock and used option 7
2) rebooted and was welcomed by TWRP seeking option to make something read only. I did it and went into boot issue
3) after several reboot, it went into endless reboot mode
4) used Intel tool to reset to native rom
5) this time I applied every option in your tool menu and even option 8 after LOS13 is flashed into the device
6) success this time. Took much less time to setup cos the respond is allot faster than MIUI.

I suppose, problem was in Data. When you were in TWRP it was necessary to wipe Data partition. I'm not creating Data image, so you're not flashing it. So now you're on LOS13? I saw, that guys used Xposed. You can try. Maybe I'll include it in next release.