Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

I spent an hour today trying to get my MiPad 2 connected to my Win 10 laptop.
I've had a few Win 10 updates since the last time I ran Toolbox but this was ridiculous.

I installed so many different drivers, rebooted both devices too many times, what a nightmare!

Eventually, I powered off MiPad 2, disconnected from laptop, held vol down button whilst connecting to the laptop....it entered Fastboot mode and the Tool.bat toolbox recognised it and began the update.
This is the first time I've had this much trouble getting the devices connected. If I have had trouble in the past, a simple reboot of both laptop and MiPad 2 resolves it.....not this time !!!

Anyway, thanks for the updated ROM papka__, it is updating now as I write this.

I suppose, I wrote some months before, that it's possible to run toolbox from fastboot mode, if drivers for fastboot correctly installed.

Hey Papka_

just installed the rom using your tutorial (MIUI9_8.3.1_China_dev_Recovery_Root_Gapps) but i find my mipad being a bit slow in response.

Any ideas on why ??

5.1 LMY47I
MIUI 9 8.3.8 | Beta
Kernel version - 3.14.37-x86_64-gfa0f44a

EDIT:
Battery still flying away fast.. only 2hrs of screen time :\ Why ?? :(

Last edited:
Hey Papka_

just installed the rom using your tutorial (MIUI9_8.3.1_China_dev_Recovery_Root_Gapps) but i find my mipad being a bit slow in response.

Any ideas on why ??

5.1 LMY47I
MIUI 9 8.3.8 | Beta
Kernel version - 3.14.37-x86_64-gfa0f44a

EDIT:
Battery still flying away fast.. only 2hrs of screen time :\ Why ?? :(

8.3.1 was not good made by me. I'll publish 8.3.8 after a while. Flash over. Maybe will be better.....

8.3.1 was not good made by me. I'll publish 8.3.8 after a while. Flash over. Maybe will be better.....

But are these any better ??

Images based on China stable 8.5.1.0
Images based on China stable 9.2.3.0

I want a rom that enables Google Play and a normal battery usage.

When i first got this tablet it lasted about 5 hrs of screen time...now.... not even half :(

But are these any better ??

Images based on China stable 8.5.1.0
Images based on China stable 9.2.3.0

I want a rom that enables Google Play and a normal battery usage.

When i first got this tablet it lasted about 5 hrs of screen time...now.... not even half :(

I think it's something with 8.3.8. Something broken there. 8.3.1 was fine.

I think you mixed the roms :D

So you recommend 8.3.8 ??

No. I'm not mixing. I'm checking now. 8.3.1 was OK from battery perspective, but I made a mod incorrectly. After I updated to 8.3.8, initially I got huge battery drain. I think I found a problem. I will check today. Probably will provide more information evening. Then today/tomorrow I'm planning to make a mod on stable version 9.5.1.0. In your case, I would recommend you stable release if you don't want to update weekly...

Reactions: saraivix
No. I'm not mixing. I'm checking now. 8.3.1 was OK from battery perspective, but I made a mod incorrectly. After I updated to 8.3.8, initially I got huge battery drain. I think I found a problem. I will check today. Probably will provide more information evening. Then today/tomorrow I'm planning to make a mod on stable version 9.5.1.0. In your case, I would recommend you stable release if you don't want to update weekly...

switching to stable then

Quick question... If i use a stable version i dont need to flash the GAPS do i ??

I'm finding 8.3.8 really slow to navigate between applications .

I didn't notice any issues with 8.3.1 though ...I consider myself a heavy user of this device too.

I still have the battery issue..Only 2h15 of screen time average

What rom do you advise me testing ?? Or which one do you think has better battery values ?

Hi papka, great work. Thanks. But when i make an miui update via updater after reboot all apps like Google playstore root are deleted. I have flashed China dev. Can anyone help me?

Hi papka, great work. Thanks. But when i make an miui update via updater after reboot all apps like Google playstore root are deleted. I have flashed China dev. Can anyone help me?

That's because I need to provide newer version. When you doing update, you getting full version of ROM, instead of real OTA (partial update). That's why all add-on's swiped. I'll probably upload new version topday/tomorrow. Then you need to apply updates at least once in 2 weeks. An all will works as expected.

Reactions: NilsS
Morning papka, thanks for your reply. You mean an Update from your modifed Rom or miui Update App? In Every 2 weeks

Hi, Papka.
Thanks for your update.

I am at miui eu 8.3.8 now. Can I update it to the newest update via OTA?

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Probably last breath for our device. AOSP ROM published. It's not new, but just made images for more convenient use. I gave up with last MIUI dev version. AOSP working pretty well. Single "problem" - ERROR 03, but I leave it as is.

Hi Papka,
I converted my Win 10 mi pad2 to the chinese stable ROM. Everything in MIUI is working fine however I can't get the netflix app to work. It keeps crashing and complains about system/lib/libhoudini.so. I downloaded the netflix apk from https://help.netflix.com/en/node/57688. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks