Fastboot Rom (miui 8/9, Los13, AOSP) With Gapps, Root And Some Other Stuffs

No situation. I applied OTA and no problems. All working as expected, including GAPPS.
Seems like it's only me who constantly has this update issue. I'll refresh to 7.1.16 and upgrade again. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

Seems like it's only me who constantly has this update issue. I'll refresh to 7.1.16 and upgrade again. Thanks for your response.

Sent from my MI PAD 2 using Tapatalk

That's really strange. Especially, that all working after reflash and then applying OTA...

Hi Papka! Could you share a link to the recent build (7.3.2) I mean your version of it. The most recent is I think images based on xiaomi.eu 7.2.16 in the OP. I don't have to wipe anything after I update it with your Toolbox, right?

Reactions: Papka__
Hi Papka! Could you share a link to the recent build (7.3.2) I mean your version of it. The most recent is I think images based on xiaomi.eu 7.2.16 in the OP. I don't have to wipe anything after I update it with your Toolbox, right?

I'm not on Xiaomi.eu and I will skip this week due to insignificant changes. Next release will be week after.

I'm not on Xiaomi.eu and I will skip this week due to insignificant changes. Next release will be week after.

So, there won't be any update of your XIAOMI.EU ROM 7.3.2 ? ... Allright. Thanks. I will wait till next week. Cya!

One of the most useful tool created for flashing ROMs on MIPAD 2 !!! Went from 7.2.16 to 7.3.9 without any hassle.
Thanks for your hard work!
I wonder... would it be possible to create similar tool for flashing ROMs on Xiaomi Mi 5 Pro? Probably there is no need but flashing Xiaomi.Eu Rom with TWRP is sometimes confusing (all of those versions of TWRP and SuperSu... and of course you have to remember to flash lazyflash switching roms from china to xiaomi). Your tool is quite foolproof and easy to use. Just wondering. Thanks anyway for your amazing job!

Just a quick message to let you know that OTA 7.3.16 is good for the China Dev rom.
I thought it was my turn to test it for this group :)

Annoyingly though, URLs continue to open the Xiaomi browser rather than the default (Chrome for me)

Last edited:
Hello everyone

First: Thank you so much for all your help and effort you all put in here. I'm pretty new to everything and don't really get the difference between the images. Which one of the images on the first page is the best one for:
1. The most stable one
2. Able to use the Netflix download feature.

EDIT: Feel free to just drop me a link if someone already answered a question like this.

Thanks and regards,
Ni-Fi

Hello everyone

First: Thank you so much for all your help and effort you all put in here. I'm pretty new to everything and don't really get the difference between the images. Which one of the images on the first page is the best one for:
1. The most stable one
2. Able to use the Netflix download feature.

EDIT: Feel free to just drop me a link if someone already answered a question like this.

Thanks and regards,
Ni-Fi

Hi! As for now I use 7.3.9 xiaomi.eu ROM. That's the only ROM I tested on MI PAD 2. I don't have any complaints ... ehmm maybe one. I use VLC for Android for watching movies and streaming from my NAS. Maybe I cannot set it up correctly but I have an impression that sometimes during playback VLC drops frames.
2) Netflix works just flawlessy on this ROM and of course you can download movies (unfortunately there is not much space there). Never tried to download anything directly to my external sdcard via OTG. Have to check that.

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the OTA 7.3.23
It downloads, updates but on reboot I see only a Chinese menu....I couldn't switch off the device at this stage and had to select one of the menu items.....pure guess and I got lucky because it went through the update process again and upon reboot I was back to 7.3.16

I would avoid until our hero Papka has time to take a look.

Hi all,

I'm having issues with the OTA 7.3.23
It downloads, updates but on reboot I see only a Chinese menu....I couldn't switch off the device at this stage and had to select one of the menu items.....pure guess and I got lucky because it went through the update process again and upon reboot I was back to 7.3.16

I would avoid until our hero Papka has time to take a look.

Yeah... Quick fix - install any file explorer with option to grant root access (Es explorer or Total commander for example). Go to /system/app and remove GoogleLatin folder. Then apply OTA. I will create new images new week.

Yeah... Quick fix - install any file explorer with option to grant root access (Es explorer or Total commander for example). Go to /system/app and remove GoogleLatin folder. Then apply OTA. I will create new images new week.

Do you mean delete the whole LatinlmeGoogle folder? That's all I have that has the name Latin in it.

I am displaying hidden and system folders too.

Yes. Delete it and OTA will work.
So I deleted it and now Updater cannot find any updates available.
Did it get removed by Xiaomi ?

Even if I select the file which was previously downloaded in 'Downloaded_ROM' folder (7.3.16 to 7.3.23), the screen hangs on a message 'Getting update info...'

I also keep seeing on the screen for the past week "Find Device application has terminated unexpectedly" - why is this ?

So I deleted it and now Updater cannot find any updates available.
Did it get removed by Xiaomi ?

Even if I select the file which was previously downloaded in 'Downloaded_ROM' folder (7.3.16 to 7.3.23), the screen hangs on a message 'Getting update info...'

I also keep seeing on the screen for the past week "Find Device application has terminated unexpectedly" - why is this ?

Maybe they found something wrong... I updated yesterday.
About Find device - have no idea. Maybe problem will disappear after this OTA.

Correct China ROM 7.3.23 added. Xiaomi.eu 7.3.23 based expected to be ready today/tomorrow evening.

Great work Papka, the China Dev ROM 7.3-23 works perfectly.
I'm not seeing the 'Find Device Unexpectedly Ended' message any longer :)

It is still using the Xiaomi browser when clicking on a URL even though Chrome is set as my default??