Invalid Finger print not working k20 pro 9.12.12

Darwin121

Members
Nov 12, 2018
I don't understand what happened after I update to 9.12.12 OTA from 9.12.5 on my k20 pro, my fingerprint sensor doesn't work anymore.
It's like the light coming from the sensor is lower, I don't know if it's possible to see it in the screenshot.
I know there's another thread about this, here : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi9-finger-print-scanner-is-not-after-dirty-flash-9-12-12.53782/ , but didn't understand why it's invalid.
I already disabled magisk modules, and nothing new.
Could someone help, I can't use WhatsApp, as it's blocked with the fingerprint.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-14-08-04-00-680_lockscreen.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-12-14-08-04-00-680_lockscreen.jpg
    1,023.7 KB · Views: 548
I don't understand what happened after I update to 9.12.12 OTA from 9.12.5 on my k20 pro, my fingerprint sensor doesn't work anymore.
It's like the light coming from the sensor is lower, I don't know if it's possible to see it in the screenshot.
I know there's another thread about this, here : https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi9-finger-print-scanner-is-not-after-dirty-flash-9-12-12.53782/ , but didn't understand why it's invalid.
I already disabled magisk modules, and nothing new.
Could someone help, I can't use WhatsApp, as it's blocked with the fingerprint.
Did you try deleting all your finger prints to turn it off

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

Because something is wrong with your configuration. The fact that many other users don't have that issue means it's not a ROM issue.
But there are some users experiencing the same, and it only happend after I flashed to this version.

What do you mean by something wrong with your configuration?

But there are some users experiencing the same, and it only happend after I flashed to this version.

What do you mean by something wrong with your configuration?
That means you might need a clean install, as you don't have the means to investigate and fix this issue specifically.

Thanks, it's fixed with latest update an no need a clean install.
New update, so it was working while I only flashed new update 9.12.19, but after I flashed magisk it stopped working again, I tried to disable each one of the modules I have, but didn't work either.

After I uninstalled magisk it didn't work again, it is only working now by flashing the update again and without magisk.

Could anyone help me with something?
I still want to have root.

If it's really needed a clean install could someone explain me how to do it properly without losing anything?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I also have now this message on twrp " unhandled flag : wrapped key.

New update, so it was working while I only flashed new update 9.12.19, but after I flashed magisk it stopped working again, I tried to disable each one of the modules I have, but didn't work either.

After I uninstalled magisk it didn't work again, it is only working now by flashing the update again and without magisk.

Could anyone help me with something?
I still want to have root.

If it's really needed a clean install could someone explain me how to do it properly without losing anything?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. I also have now this message on twrp " unhandled flag : wrapped key.

Edit : I think it has nothing to do with magisk either, it's something with a dtbo file I flashed to overclock the screen refresh frame rate to 69hz from here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/themes/mod-overclock-screen-to-75hz-refresh-t3951193