First install

jonnynova

Members
May 28, 2021
Hi,

Sorry I'm a bit confused, I want to install weekly EU ROM on my Mi 11 Ultra currently running Chinese ROM. What method should I be using? Fastboot via PC or TWRP?

OK thanks, I have attempted this hoping I will not run into any problems, however, after trying to install the weekly using TWRP I have the following failed messages at the end of the script:-

Failed to mount '/system_ext' (Invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/product' (invalid argument)
Failed to mount '/vendor' (Invalid argument)
...done

I was following this guide:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

please advise!

it's fine I managed to fix my mistake, it seems I needed to wipe data again when restarting TWRP (to make PC find my phone), the ROM installed without errors and now running smoothly (so far)

sorry one more question, for future ROM releases do I need to fastboot into TWRP everytime to do so? or is there another (simpler) way to boot into TWRP?

sorry one more question, for future ROM releases do I need to fastboot into TWRP everytime to do so? or is there another (simpler) way to boot into TWRP?
If you can boot to TWRP when you hold " Vol + " and " Power " buttons simultaneously, then you don't need to use fastboot. :)

If TWRP can't decrypt the /data partition (user 0), then try to use a pattern (instead of a PIN/password) for your screen lock, in phone's settings. ;)

no you do not have to

Attachments

• IMG_20210610_223304.jpg
    IMG_20210610_223304.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: Poney70