Flash Global Stable On Chinese Redmi Note 5a? How?

TommyPT

Members
Jul 12, 2015
Hello guys,.

I bought a redmi note 5a from gearbest. It seems a legit phone but the rom is chinese and I would like to flash the global stable so that I can have the play store, get rid of bloatware and have the portuguese idiom. Details are as follows:

Redmi Note 5A
Snapdragon 425
2GB/16GB
720p 5.5' screen;
3k mah battery
Miui 9.1 Stable 9.1.4.0 (NDFCNEI)
Android Version: 7.1.2;
Security Patch Level: 1-10-2017 (D-M-Y)
Version Number: N2G47H

I have tried accessing with MIPCSuite and it keeps saying "connect device". Mi Unlock shows a greyed out button on the "unlock button" like it couldnt find the phone. I have tried downloading all the fastboot roms from en.miui.com and flash them with the xiaomiflashtool but I always get the flash tz error (logs show missmatch device and rom for some weird reason).

Moreover how do you distinguish between the 5A and 5A Lite? Or is this a Y1 phone albeit all the Xiaomi Note 5A logos and box? I am really confused!

Can anyone help me? I really cannot sort this one out!

There is just one Global ROM for your device: Redmi Note 5A Global, Version: V9.1.2.0.NDFMIEI (MIUI9)
But why are you asking here, when you want to flash an official MIUI ROM?
Try this: http://en.miui.com/thread-963272-1-1.html

Thank you for your reply. In fact I would pretty much like to flash any ROM aside from the chinese rom that it came with. I have a Redmi 4 Prime which is currently running a Xiaomi.Eu ROM and I am pretty happy with it. Given that I cannot unlock the bootloader of the Remi Note 5A I was trying to convert it via Fastboot.

I am really lost with this model.

Does your PC recognize your phone in fastboot mode? Did you install Qualcomm drivers on your PC (well, with a Redmi 4 Prime this should be ok)?

Does your PC recognize your phone in fastboot mode? Did you install Qualcomm drivers on your PC (well, with a Redmi 4 Prime this should be ok)?

Yes. I think so. It does show the phone in ADB mode so I assume it is working, Nevertheless can you point me to that particular driver? Thanks

Hello guys,.

I bought a redmi note 5a from *******. It seems a legit phone but the rom is chinese and I would like to flash the global stable so that I can have the play store, get rid of bloatware and have the portuguese idiom. Details are as follows:

Redmi Note 5A
Snapdragon 425
2GB/16GB
720p 5.5' screen;
3k mah battery
Miui 9.1 Stable 9.1.4.0 (NDFCNEI)
Android Version: 7.1.2;
Security Patch Level: 1-10-2017 (D-M-Y)
Version Number: N2G47H

I have tried accessing with MIPCSuite and it keeps saying "connect device". Mi Unlock shows a greyed out button on the "unlock button" like it couldnt find the phone. I have tried downloading all the fastboot roms from en.miui.com and flash them with the xiaomiflashtool but I always get the flash tz error (logs show missmatch device and rom for some weird reason).

Moreover how do you distinguish between the 5A and 5A Lite? Or is this a Y1 phone albeit all the Xiaomi Note 5A logos and box? I am really confused!

Can anyone help me? I really cannot sort this one out!
I have the same model and have the same problem.
yes you can flash the global rom using "edl" mode, but unfortunaly you need tho have the bootloader unlocked.
instal "xiaomitool". the program installs all the necessary drivers.
And follow EXACLY the unlocking guide for this model..
I am currently waiting the "360" hours for unlocking the phone passed. my wife only speaks portuguese and i can't do anithing to speed up the unlocking waiting time...

I have the same model and have the same problem.
yes you can flash the global rom using "edl" mode, but unfortunaly you need tho have the bootloader unlocked.
instal "xiaomitool". the program installs all the necessary drivers.
And follow EXACLY the unlocking guide for this model..
I am currently waiting the "360" hours for unlocking the phone passed. my wife only speaks portuguese and i can't do anithing to speed up the unlocking waiting time...

I was finally able to ask to unlock the bootloader. Also waiting 360 hours.
I think that after it is unlocked that I will be able to download a ROM from Xiaomi.EU and update it.

I was finally able to ask to unlock the bootloader. Also waiting 360 hours.
I think that after it is unlocked that I will be able to download a ROM from Xiaomi.EU and update it.
i finaly unlock mine and i was able to flash the eu rom, mut i flash first the global one using "edl"mode

Is there a specific reason you are doing all this useless flashing?
Why not flash TWRP after bootloader unlock and flash any ROM after that? Like, you know, the rest/most of us...

My Note 5A came with Chinese ROM. I didn't do anything with it. I didn't even update it to another official weekly Chinese version. When my bootloader got unlocked I immediatly flashed TWRP and the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

I only flash the global rom using the EDL mode and testpoints to ensure to 100% the rom is global and not remain something lost from chinese rom and in the future causing problems or relocking by accident the bootloader again.
The phone is for my wife and i am preventint problems with her... :p