Flash Xiaomi.eu on new Global phones ?

jean650

Members
May 30, 2018
hi,
is it possible to flash xiaomi.eu rom (based on the China rom) on new Global phones, like "MI8 Global" or others new phones sold in Europe ?
I would like to buy a new one but don't want to brick it...
thanks

hi,
is it possible to flash xiaomi.eu rom (based on the China rom) on new Global phones, like "MI8 Global" or others new phones sold in Europe ?
I would like to buy a new one but don't want to brick it...
thanks
unlock bootloader and install TWRP.

no risk to brick it ? (xiaomi.eu is based on China ROM, while the Global phones are made for Global ROM, Xiaomi alerts now about it and put some protections...)

you can install whatever you want! just can not lock bootloader on mixed version.. so means nothing for our users...

you can install whatever you want! just can not lock bootloader on mixed version.. so means nothing for our users...

Thnks for your answer. So just to be sure, installing xiaomi.eu rom will never give brick?
I am on Chinese 9.6.12.0 Mi Max 3 and want the latest EU rom installed.

Thnks for your answer. So just to be sure, installing xiaomi.eu rom will never give brick?
I am on Chinese 9.6.12.0 Mi Max 3 and want the latest EU rom installed.
Brick is usually down to user error so no one is going to make any guarantee in that regard. Risk is on you always.

Brick is usually down to user error so no one is going to make any guarantee in that regard. Risk is on you always.

If performed the right way? I know how to flash a rom, I don't know if downgrade to this EU rom will give me a brick.

If performed the right way? I know how to flash a rom, I don't know if downgrade to this EU rom will give me a brick.
Read the forums properly and you wont have issues, its down to users own ability and responsibility as i've already stated. User takes all responsibility for flashing their device and reading guides sufficiently.

im not saying i dont make an error in my ~20 attemts flashing Xiaomi.eu to my redmi 6.
but it seems quite unlikely since i flashed my Mi4 Redmi 3 MIX2 MiPad 4 and many phones before sucessfull unless the rom is broken (like last MIX2 Stabelt to Stable update)...

so pls show me how i can use (any) Xiaomi.eu Rom on my Redmi 6 to proof its a user error. I wasted so many hours in that phone (which should be a gift to my wife) ...

PLS show me my error or correctly state that ROMs are often broken .. specialy miui roms. (MIX2 Stable Update, Redmi 6 in general and the many problems with MIPAD4 just being the latest ones)

im not saying i dont make an error in my ~20 attemts flashing Xiaomi.eu to my redmi 6.
but it seems quite unlikely since i flashed my Mi4 Redmi 3 MIX2 MiPad 4 and many phones before sucessfull unless the rom is broken (like last MIX2 Stabelt to Stable update)...

so pls show me how i can use (any) Xiaomi.eu Rom on my Redmi 6 to proof its a user error. I wasted so many hours in that phone (which should be a gift to my wife) ...

PLS show me my error or correctly state that ROMs are often broken .. specialy miui roms. (MIX2 Stable Update, Redmi 6 in general and the many problems with MIPAD4 just being the latest ones)
the ROMs are not broken. We have this thing called 'Search' you should try it :)

If you know how to flash a rom you're good to go. And it's not really a downgrade, you're installing a different rom. Downgrades don't brick devices just don't flash Icecream Sandwich on a device which came with Marshmallow shipped :)

.EU versions doesn't lock bootloader, so can be installed in global phones.

A friend of mine just gave me a Redmi Note 5 Global and wants to replace MIUI 10 Global ROM with MIUI 10 .EU ROM. I'm reading this thread and now I know it's safe, thanks!

the ROMs are not broken. We have this thing called 'Search' you should try it :)

than pls enlighten me how to get my Redmi 6 booting up with any Xiaomi.eu Version.
i read literally any thread regarding this topic on this and XDA forums

i only found other users having the same problem

@fmcheetah I wiped all partititions formated data even formated recover and only used it as boot rom while using a twrp fromated micro sd flashing Xiaomi.eu stalbe rom also tried every weekly xiaomi.eu rom i could finde.
i waited 2 hours after flashing the rom in order to be sure its bootlooping.

i also tried so many other things (have the phone since over 3 month now) first mothn waited for the xiaomi release...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you are overdoing yourself just to do a simple job of flashing a rom via twrp. Simplify your life...

Looks like you are overdoing yourself just to do a simple job of flashing a rom via twrp. Simplify your life...

hahah so funny you are...

i flashed all my phones and tablets (MIX2 Redmi 4x Redmi 3 MI4 MI4s MiPad4 just counting the last Xiamoi devices)

and ist also flashes the Xiaomi.eu rom on the redmi 6 its just bootlooping or freezin while booting so its not working ...

so i guess its the rom as stated before and by many others trying to flash it
(also in the newest weeklys its listed but not actually donwloadable)

Start from scratch, get yourself the latest available fastboot ROmM for your device and start all over again.
This will fix all your screwed up partitions and it will be a clean install.
After that you can try latest Xiaomi.eu and it shoul work.

Start from scratch, get yourself the latest available fastboot ROmM for your device and start all over again.
This will fix all your screwed up partitions and it will be a clean install.
After that you can try latest Xiaomi.eu and it shoul work.

you got a redmi 6 working or are you just saying that because its the obvious thing to do?

no that i formated with fastboot commands anway? i dont see a diffrence in letting it be done by a rominstallation.

as said the rom installation itsself is successfull just the boot is looping or freezing and i didnt find anybody who got a redmi 6 sucessfully booted up with a non offical rom till today!

you got a redmi 6 working or are you just saying that because its the obvious thing to do?

no that i formated with fastboot commands anway? i dont see a diffrence in letting it be done by a rominstallation.

as said the rom installation itsself is successfull just the boot is looping or freezing and i didnt find anybody who got a redmi 6 sucessfully booted up with a non offical rom till today!
No, i do not have a Redmi 6 and it looks like that only the Global ROM will Work.
It is a Mtk powered device, maybe different way to flash

No, i do not have a Redmi 6 and it looks like that only the Global ROM will Work.
It is a Mtk powered device, maybe different way to flash
That what i was wondering too but if they dont have the corredt "drivers" for the CPU why publish ROMs for it? there where weeklys and a stable version. but i guess they noticed it too since there are no downloads avaiable for the redmi 6 despite beeing listed.

its sad that the devs of this rom are so hostile if you claim they deliver a broken rom instead of simply stating the truth. (which they seem to know since they blocked downloads for that rom)

Reactions: Javier Torres