Font override app original fonts...

hexr32

Members
Jan 29, 2021
Hello ! I've recently flashed xiaomi eu for the first time and I have to say its amazing...but, there is one thing.

The way that fonts work on XEU is that it changes the entire font on the phone including apps and everything.
My problem is that I don't want it to change the app font too.

For example :
Snapchat uses Avenir Next and Helvetica for its app, but XEU changes them to Roboto and it looks awfully bad.
Telegram, same thing, changes it too
Messenger
Whatsapp and so on.

Is there a way to make the font not be applied to certain apps or something to bring apps original fonts back??

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Nope, no such feature on MIUI. That's how MIUI China dynamic font engine works, you might wanna use a Global ROM.

Reactions: dexterv

hexr32

Members
Jan 29, 2021
Thats an extremly sad thing to hear, at least 90% of people I know that use XEU told me that the only reason that they want to go back to global its because of the way fonts work..

Thanks for helping anyways.

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
Thats an extremly sad thing to hear, at least 90% of people I know that use XEU told me that the only reason that they want to go back to global its because of the way fonts work..

Thanks for helping anyways.
I can implement a switch that turns the dynamic font off completely (impossible to do this on a per-app basis, the font replacement is done without any context), would require a reboot obviously.

hexr32

Members
Jan 29, 2021
I can implement a switch that turns the dynamic font off completely (impossible to do this on a per-app basis, the font replacement is done without any context), would require a reboot obviously.
That would be such a great thing if you do it, please, I would be really greatful and I think many others will be too!

Reactions: MarcinL81

Igor Eisberg

Developer
Staff member
Oct 6, 2016
That would be such a great thing if you do it, please, I would be really greatful and I think many others will be too!
Switch implemented for the next release. Do note that the font turns bolder in settings screens when not using the system-wide variable font.
Here's a demo (left = variable font enabled, right = variable font disabled):

hexr32

Members
Jan 29, 2021
Switch implemented for the next release. Do note that the font turns bolder in settings screens when not using the system-wide variable font.
Here's a demo (left = variable font enabled, right = variable font disabled):
View attachment 34526

Thats such great news, I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful!

Thanks again for your attention to user feedbacks and for providing XEU !