Font override app original fonts...

hexr32

Members
Jan 29, 2021
Hello ! I've recently flashed xiaomi eu for the first time and I have to say its amazing...but, there is one thing.

The way that fonts work on XEU is that it changes the entire font on the phone including apps and everything.
My problem is that I don't want it to change the app font too.

For example :
Snapchat uses Avenir Next and Helvetica for its app, but XEU changes them to Roboto and it looks awfully bad.
Telegram, same thing, changes it too
Messenger
Whatsapp and so on.

Is there a way to make the font not be applied to certain apps or something to bring apps original fonts back??

Nope, no such feature on MIUI. That's how MIUI China dynamic font engine works, you might wanna use a Global ROM.

Reactions: dexterv
Thats an extremly sad thing to hear, at least 90% of people I know that use XEU told me that the only reason that they want to go back to global its because of the way fonts work..

Thanks for helping anyways.

Thats an extremly sad thing to hear, at least 90% of people I know that use XEU told me that the only reason that they want to go back to global its because of the way fonts work..

Thanks for helping anyways.
I can implement a switch that turns the dynamic font off completely (impossible to do this on a per-app basis, the font replacement is done without any context), would require a reboot obviously.

I can implement a switch that turns the dynamic font off completely (impossible to do this on a per-app basis, the font replacement is done without any context), would require a reboot obviously.
That would be such a great thing if you do it, please, I would be really greatful and I think many others will be too!

Reactions: MarcinL81
That would be such a great thing if you do it, please, I would be really greatful and I think many others will be too!
Switch implemented for the next release. Do note that the font turns bolder in settings screens when not using the system-wide variable font.
Here's a demo (left = variable font enabled, right = variable font disabled):

Switch implemented for the next release. Do note that the font turns bolder in settings screens when not using the system-wide variable font.
Here's a demo (left = variable font enabled, right = variable font disabled):
View attachment 34526

Thats such great news, I'm sure a lot of people will find it useful!

Thanks again for your attention to user feedbacks and for providing XEU !

Switch implemented for the next release
Hi! First of all I want to say thank you for your work!
Please tell me how to completely turn off the dynamic font for 11T Pro
I think this is important, because the text on the pages in chrome looks completely different (on the Google keyboard and other apps, too)
For example, here are two screenshots. One from xiaomi.eu firmware (xiaomi.eu_multi_XM11TPro_V12.5.10.0.RKDMIXM_v12-11). The second is how it looks on Global Stock (KDMIXM). Yes, the second screenshot is from another phone, but the stock 11T Pro was exactly the same.
Thanks!!

Attachments

• first.jpg
    first.jpg
    458.7 KB · Views: 318
  • second.jpg
    second.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 332
Hi! First of all I want to say thank you for your work!
Please tell me how to completely turn off the dynamic font for 11T Pro
I think this is important, because the text on the pages in chrome looks completely different (on the Google keyboard and other apps, too)
For example, here are two screenshots. One from xiaomi.eu firmware (xiaomi.eu_multi_XM11TPro_V12.5.10.0.RKDMIXM_v12-11). The second is how it looks on Global Stock (KDMIXM). Yes, the second screenshot is from another phone, but the stock 11T Pro was exactly the same.
Thanks!!
On MIUI 12 it's in Settings -> Display -> Font settings -> turn off "System-wide variable font".

unfortunately this does not return the original font in apps(( any other ideas please?
Nope. It works for me on MIUI 13. Don't know what gives you trouble. And there is no way to make system font not apply in specific apps. It's either apply or not apply, system-wide. On official ROMs there is no toggle even. Welcome to MIUI. ;)

Maybe there are not enough fonts (/system/fonts) and applications just use roboto?
Is it possible to upload fonts to /system/fonts from global? I tried but failed remount rw for /system
Our ROM has the same fonts as on Global ROM + additional MIUI fonts, so that theory doesn't fit.

for anyone else looking for this after upgrading to MIUI 13, it's now in the developer options and seems to work fine for me on stable 13.0.2 with Note 10 Pro (sweet)

Hi,

I am on v13 and even after disabling system-wide variable font, it is still being replaced on many apps and website (e.g. this forum, Wikipedia or the Google app search results). See attached screenshots.

Any help reverting to original ones?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-11-23-40-38-488_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-11-23-40-38-488_com.android.chrome.jpg
    500.9 KB · Views: 186
  • Screenshot_2022-04-11-23-41-11-402_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-11-23-41-11-402_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 228
  • Screenshot_2022-04-11-23-41-24-508_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-11-23-41-24-508_com.android.chrome.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 232
Hi,

I am on v13 and even after disabling system-wide variable font, it is still being replaced on many apps and website (e.g. this forum, Wikipedia or the Google app search results). See attached screenshots.

Any help reverting to original ones?

Thanks
Your attached examples show website presentation difference but nothing special at the font level.
nothing to claim about for me.

Your attached examples show website presentation difference but nothing special at the font level.
nothing to claim about for me.
Check attached comparison

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-12-02-23-33-785_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-12-02-23-33-785_com.android.chrome.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_20220412_022620.jpg
    IMG_20220412_022620.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 212