[FONTS] Theme Manager Fonts [UPDATE 4/2]

Thanks, i'll take a look

Edit says: You'r right, its to small. Changed back to Colourbars

Thank you for making these fonts available in MIUI. I'm just starting with MIUI and with this forum. I packaged some fonts for MIUI myself but I want to ask a question before I post them. Oh, and maybe add some previews as well. :)

I notice that you are replacing the Clocktopia font in your .mtz files. I kind of like Clocktopia, so I left that out of my .mtz packages. Is this going to cause problems? I haven't seen anything strange yet.

I am using DejaVu Sans Condensed and I like it a lot. I also made Ubuntu and Trebuchet packages for MIUI.

Thank you for making these fonts available in MIUI. I'm just starting with MIUI and with this forum. I packaged some fonts for MIUI myself but I want to ask a question before I post them. Oh, and maybe add some previews as well. :)

I notice that you are replacing the Clocktopia font in your .mtz files. I kind of like Clocktopia, so I left that out of my .mtz packages. Is this going to cause problems? I haven't seen anything strange yet.

I am using DejaVu Sans Condensed and I like it a lot. I also made Ubuntu and Trebuchet packages for MIUI.

Leaving Clockopia out doesn't really cause problems. It just leaves your status bar font as the default. I personally like to replace it to give a more uniform look - same font wherever possible.

If you'd like to post any packages you've made, that would be great. The more choices, the better, in my opinion.

The only request I'd have is for preview images to be included. It helps to know what to expect if you've never used that particular font before. Unless you've happened to download the 2 or 3 packs in my folder without previews, you can use any of mine as an example.

Leaving Clockopia out doesn't really cause problems. It just leaves your status bar font as the default.
I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. I am now adding Clockopia to my packages.

The only request I'd have is for preview images to be included. It helps ... you can use any of mine as an example.
I will include previews if I post font packages. I'm running a Droid Sans package right now, for kind of a retro look. :)

I've tryed to make a font pack. Here is the result :)

preview_fonts_big_0.jpg

<<Download>>

is there any way I can flash these thanx. Running older version of miui I dont have the option to change the font in the theme manager

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Here is Rough Typewriter font, ready to use with MIUI themes. I hope!

http://goo.gl/NkCI4

Thanks to Jason Arthur, who created Rough Typewriter and kindly allowed me to redistribute it in .mtz form.

rough_0.jpg

That's great! I just have one favor to ask. Could you change the download link to the new one? The old link will cause problems for people.

You want me to put it in my mediafire folder? That's not a problem. I wasn't sure if you were planning on removing it from your server, and it's easier to copy/paste than have to move it, so I just took the lazy way out. Will be fixed shortly.

Edit: Link fixed.

You want me to put it in my mediafire folder? That's not a problem. I wasn't sure if you were planning on removing it from your server, and it's easier to copy/paste than have to move it, so I just took the lazy way out. Will be fixed shortly.
In your mediafire folder with all the rest sounds good to me. That's probably the safest. I will keep my MIUI folder in Google Docs accessible to all as long as I'm around here, but who knows how long that will be? :)

Love your work man. Any way you could port the "Sertig" font? Or PM me instructions on how to create my own .mtz files

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Unfortunately, it appears that Sertig is only available in .otf form. Android only uses .ttf fonts. If you really want, I could probably convert it from .otf to .ttf, but the results will most likely not look good. If you somehow find it in .ttf form, let me know, and I'll make a pack for it. Otherwise, you could try looking for similar fonts.

I will hopefully be making a big update to the thread sometime Sunday. Maybe you'll find something you like in there.

Hi Guys,

I really want to make a few font packs but I am having trouble getting the .mkz files to work? I followed the instructions, zipped the file, put it on my SD card under themes and then in file explorer i renamed the .zip to .mkz but it doesnt work...any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Hi Guys,

I really want to make a few font packs but I am having trouble getting the .mkz files to work? I followed the instructions, zipped the file, put it on my SD card under themes and then in file explorer i renamed the .zip to .mkz but it doesnt work...any ideas what I am doing wrong?

It should be .mtz

T, not k.

Right...that was a typo on my part...I have been using mtz...is there some kind of process im missing? I tried renaming it on my laptop before transferring and also on the phone itself but still no luck...any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Right...that was a typo on my part...I have been using mtz...is there some kind of process im missing? I tried renaming it on my laptop before transferring and also on the phone itself but still no luck...any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

What exactly isn't working? Are they not showing up in Theme Manager? Or are they not applying correctly?

If they're not showing up in Theme Manager, what are the contents of the zip folder? Do you have a description.xml file? Is the folder named exactly "fonts"?

If it's not applying, are the fonts named Arial.ttf, Clockopia.ttf, and Arial-Bold.ttf (case sensitive, btw)?

If you like, you could send it to me, and I'll check it out.