Frozen at 'Google' screen after new ROM + English Language Pack Install

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by PhonePersonality, May 13, 2011.

1. PhonePersonality

Jan 30, 2011
    Rebooted my*phone and its frozen at the 'Google' screen.
    Will try a reinstall shortly

2. mousse04

mousse04Members

Nov 13, 2010
    Grenoble
    on which devices?

3. roniez

roniezMembers

Apr 23, 2011
    Which device and which rom/pack are you using.
    please try the 1.5.13 rom and language pack
    and always whipe cache + dalvik-cache.

4. PhonePersonality

Jan 30, 2011
    My apologies for not stating that I was on a Nexus S.
    I redownloaded the EngLang Pack from a link Mark provided and everything is copacetic now.

MODERATOR Please feel free to mark this bug as fixed!

Thanks.

5. roniez

roniezMembers

Apr 23, 2011
    Thanks Phone to reply so fast, will mark it as fixed. :) thanks.

6. Codeine

CodeineMembers

May 14, 2011
    Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have the same problem. Nexus S with 1.5.13 ROM + English language pack downloaded from the main page. I wipe everything (cache, data, dalvik) then install the rom. I have then tried installing the lang pack straightaway from CWM, that sticks on the Google screen. I then wiped dalvik, cache then installed the lang pack, that also sticks on the Google screen.

Rebooting into MIUI without installing the lang pack is fine, although in Chinese. I then tried d/l Rom Manager and installing the lang pack from there, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. That sticks on the Google screen also.

I am sure there is something I have missed. I have d/l'd the lang pack a couple of times just to make sure it is coming down ok.

Thanks for any help and I thank you for all your hard work that makes MIUI the premier Rom for the Nexus S right now.

7. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

Hi Codeine,

There was an issue with the first language pack, please re download the package from the link on the roms page here: http://miuiandroid.com/roms/

You'll need to clear cache and then reflash this new update.

If that fails download the language pack, unzip it, go to system/framework/ copy framework-res.apk to /system/framework/ on your Nexus S and the device will boot up.

You can do that while its stuck at the Google logo, I had to do that today to get mine going during first discovering the issue i'd created :(

Sorry for the trouble but that above should help you, let us know how you get on though and welcome aboard the site :)

Cheers,

Mark

8. Codeine

CodeineMembers

May 14, 2011
    Hi Mark,

I got it all to work using your 2nd method:

I am now happily running 1.5.13 in English. Once again many thanks for all your help. Keep up the good work.

/salute.

Share Our Site