Frozen at 'Google' screen after new ROM + English Language Pack Install

My apologies for not stating that I was on a Nexus S.
I redownloaded the EngLang Pack from a link Mark provided and everything is copacetic now.

MODERATOR Please feel free to mark this bug as fixed!

Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I have the same problem. Nexus S with 1.5.13 ROM + English language pack downloaded from the main page. I wipe everything (cache, data, dalvik) then install the rom. I have then tried installing the lang pack straightaway from CWM, that sticks on the Google screen. I then wiped dalvik, cache then installed the lang pack, that also sticks on the Google screen.

Rebooting into MIUI without installing the lang pack is fine, although in Chinese. I then tried d/l Rom Manager and installing the lang pack from there, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. That sticks on the Google screen also.

I am sure there is something I have missed. I have d/l'd the lang pack a couple of times just to make sure it is coming down ok.

Thanks for any help and I thank you for all your hard work that makes MIUI the premier Rom for the Nexus S right now.

Hi Codeine,

There was an issue with the first language pack, please re download the package from the link on the roms page here: http://miuiandroid.com/roms/

You'll need to clear cache and then reflash this new update.

If that fails download the language pack, unzip it, go to system/framework/ copy framework-res.apk to /system/framework/ on your Nexus S and the device will boot up.

You can do that while its stuck at the Google logo, I had to do that today to get mine going during first discovering the issue i'd created :(

Sorry for the trouble but that above should help you, let us know how you get on though and welcome aboard the site :)

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I got it all to work using your 2nd method:

If that fails download the language pack, unzip it, go to system/framework/ copy framework-res.apk to /system/framework/ on your Nexus S and the device will boot up.

I am now happily running 1.5.13 in English. Once again many thanks for all your help. Keep up the good work.

/salute.