General questions about the ROM (DEFY)

Pr()ZaC

Members
Feb 22, 2012
Hi!

Here goes the list:

1) Is it possible for the phone to understand that you've read a text message or that you've seen the missed call when you preview it using the lock screen? When I preview a missed call or a sms, the unread counter is still there.

2) What address, ports and additional configurations I could use to configure the GPS part of the OS, to use Brazililian or South Americans systems?

3) Are there Music improvements coming, lyrics-wise? 60% of the songs (some of them pretty famous) aren't "foundable" when searching for lyrics or album covers.

That's it for now. Thanks!

1) Not that I know of.

2) You can download an application called FasterFix. Then you select your continent of residence and it will update the gps.conf accordingly.

3) Thats the music app for you. However, usually the mis-labeled ones are edited MP3 ID3 tags that no longer match the original. Not saying your pirating music, but those songs usually fail due to edited songs.

Reactions: Pr()ZaC
1) Do you think it's possible to implement the "feature"?

2) FasterFix really helped, thanks.

3) Yes, I have songs that I downloaded from the internet, but all the ID3 tags are correct. I guess that the Chinese (?) database isn't as good as, say, tunewiki. As an example, I can't find lyrics for songs like Under The Bridge, by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Also, some of the lyrics Music found are partly in Chinese. That said, I love the app!

Keep up the good work!

Chinese lyrics API is a Xiaomi development, therefore it is very unlikely that it will pick up your tracks properly. I'm sure if enough users request changes the developer of the app will look at it.

Thanks,

Mark