Gigabytes

I was looking at these plans and none of them say 2g or 3g except for the most expensive one, isn't that going to mean that I can't access their 2g & 3g network if I go the cheaper route?
Also, they said that I would have to go into the local store to get the phone setup, is that going to cause any issues when they see my Xiaomi instead of the familiar brands?

I do not know about those plans. I sure know that your Xiaomi will cause issues when they see it and you tell them its specs and how much it cost!
Now seriously, they shouldn't bother about the brand.

Reactions: Walter Anthony
I do not know about those plans. I sure know that your Xiaomi will cause issues when they see it and you tell them its specs and how much it cost!
Now seriously, they shouldn't bother about the brand.

:cool: What about the data plans though? If it doesn't say 2g or 3g does that mean then that that SIM card is not going to allow me access to those data networks? That's what I was assuming it mean't.

:cool: What about the data plans though? If it doesn't say 2g or 3g does that mean then that that SIM card is not going to allow me access to those data networks? That's what I was assuming it mean't.

Just found out that the SIM has nothing to do with the data network.

Sorry for the stupid question.

Reactions: Voodooman
Just found out that the SIM has nothing to do with the data network.

Sorry for the stupid question.
You don't need to go to a phone shop to set up your phone. Only thing you need is a provider/network which uses the same frequencies the M2S is able to use. To setup your phone just google for "APN settings *provider name* android" that is all :)
There are probably people from the USA here who know which providers will work.

You don't need to go to a phone shop to set up your phone. Only thing you need is a provider/network which uses the same frequencies the M2S is able to use. To setup your phone just google for "APN settings *provider name* android" that is all :)
There are probably people from the USA here who know which providers will work.

Thank You..

Reactions: RobinHood00
I know the provider, I'm just not sure if the provider I use will try to charge me for data usage with this new phone. The SIM that I plan on switching to the Xiaomi isn't on a data plan, so I wonder if they'll be able to tell that i'm consuming data?

I know the provider, I'm just not sure if the provider I use will try to charge me for data usage with this new phone. The SIM that I plan on switching to the Xiaomi isn't on a data plan, so I wonder if they'll be able to tell that i'm consuming data?
Of course they will.

Yeah, I guess theres no way around it.
But whats the problem with having a data plan? You could upgrade the sim card to add a data plan to it or you could inform about the costs. Here in the Netherlands most of the contracts without data plan have 2g data for free, you'll only get as much as 5kb/s but well you can make use of a lot of apps that way. You just need wifi to update apps etc. And using things like google maps or youtube will be impossible when not on wifi ;)

But whats the problem with having a data plan? You could upgrade the sim card to add a data plan to it or you could inform about the costs. Here in the Netherlands most of the contracts without data plan have 2g data for free, you'll only get as much as 5kb/s but well you can make use of a lot of apps that way. You just need wifi to update apps etc. And using things like google maps or youtube will be impossible when not on wifi ;)

The only problem is that I'm on a family plan with at&t, so I only pay $15 for this non-smartphone now. So I just thought that if I was accessing data the main person paying the bill would see an increase on the monthly statement.

I suppose I could just get a SIM through that provider that is for a data plan, I just always think about ways to save money as I am a student and money can be tight.

The only problem is that I'm on a family plan with at&t, so I only pay $15 for this non-smartphone now. So I just thought that if I was accessing data the main person paying the bill would see an increase on the monthly statement.

I suppose I could just get a SIM through that provider that is for a data plan, I just always think about ways to save money as I am a student and money can be tight.
Well you could just use that sim card without the data plan and like I said either inform about 2G data costs (might be nothing extra) or just NOT use the data option on your phone. If you've never missed mobile internet you won't now right. And as a student most of the time you'll probably be on places where there is wifi, university, campus, dorms/home...

But I think as a good inventive student you should have all figured this out yourself :p

But I think as a good inventive student you should have all figured this out yourself :p

Yeah, your right I'm in a lot of wifi areas throughout the day, it just would be nice to be able to receive emails and things when not in wifi. But for now I'm sure it will work just fine.

Yeah, your right I'm in a lot of wifi areas throughout the day, it just would be nice to be able to receive emails and things when not in wifi. But for now I'm sure it will work just fine.
You dont need data for calls and text messages right. Your phone will use both 2g and 3g if possible, youll just have to disable 2g(data) and 3g ;)