Gingerbread launcher

Gustavo

Members
May 7, 2011
Hi guys, I started to use MIUI on my nexus s and Im really loving it. Its amazing and looks clean and beauty.

But sometimes, I really want to use my old gingerbread launcher, with that 3D effect and everything. I try to install some market versions of gingerbread launcher, but none works.

Is there any way to use the old launcher, without removing the MIUI laucnher?

Thanks

You would need to find the launcher2.apk, put it on your sd card and then install. When you hit home after you install you should get the option

Hi, I try to extract the launcher from my backup (Stock ROM), and it says that launcher is a system app, if I want to replace. I just want to have both, but if I push this file to system/app, I'll probably lose my MIUI launcher.

Is there any way to solve that? Even if I have to install a custom laucnher, with gingerbread skin (Not the laggy ADW)

Thanks for your help

LithLauncher2 - Slightly Modified Stock 2.3.4 Launcher2

Here is a modified Launcher2 that I just compiled to work with miui. The process is quite easy. I took:
- decompiled Launcher2.apk using apktool
- look at how many classes were creating this app.
- recursively changed the package names to whatever I wanted them to be.

Code:
lithid@BrEaK-yO-FaCe:~/Android-Dev/Launcher2$ find ./ -type f | xargs sed -i 's/com.android.launcher2/com.LithRom.LithLauncher2/'
lithid@BrEaK-yO-FaCe:~/Android-Dev/Launcher2$ find ./ -type f | xargs sed -i 's/com.android.launcher/com.LithRom.LithLauncher/'
lithid@BrEaK-yO-FaCe:~/Android-Dev/Launcher2$ find ./ -type f | xargs sed -i 's/com.sm.launcher/com.sml.LithLauncher/'
Then I compiled the code.
Then I simply installed the apk.
Code:
lithid@BrEaK-yO-FaCe:~/Android-Dev/Launcher2$ adb install LithLauncher2.apk
1062 KB/s (321075 bytes in 0.295s)
	pkg: /data/local/tmp/LithLauncher2.apk
Success

Thats about it. Newly created modified Launcher2 to use on a gingerbread rom!

LithLauncher2.apk v0.1

Hi Lith, thank you very much for your help.

I installed your custom launcher via file manager, and I could load the home screen normally, but I could not see my programs at Drawer (same problem with Market ggb launchers).

Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks again