Gingerbread-MIUI ?

chris_abr

Members
Nov 27, 2010
Gingerbread (2.3) MIUI ?

Do they intend to make Gingerbread MIUI ?
It'd be pretty nice, they say the gingerbread is much better for gaming, and that it also is a lot faster.

do they talk about it?
I mean gingerbread is already released, so..

I'm sure if they can we will start to feast on pieces of the gingerbread man

Sent from my SexyNexy using the miui-dev.com Forums App

If they've already released the kernel's source and that stuff:

The beta after this friday's beta. Or x-mas present, but that's the maximum.

Otherwise as the kernel comes out, one unstable beta and next is going to be the one you'd flash.

Need the source code to make a rom, the SDK isn't enough.

I do remember 2.2 getting ported to some degree of success from the SDK, but it was just to hold over till the source came out.

The dev is already on it. I spotted him posting in the xda Evo forum.

Sent from this smooth Azrael X 2.0 ROM.

I'm pretty sure they're going to need the source, not just the sdk. Usually the src is released a couple weeks after the sdk.

the evo 4g has already got a 2.3 update, someone on xda ported it xF
so I guess they've already got some leaks.

the evo 4g has already got a 2.3 update, someone on xda ported it xF
so I guess they've already got some leaks.

It's not from a leak. It's taking the system image from the SDK's emulator. This happens after every SDK release. These ROM's are intended to be more of a preview than anything else.

it will come soon, the source is not out yet so give it a few more weeks!

froyos source was not released to AOSP until the nexus one got the "final" 2.2 build, if i remeber correctly, so it might take a week, or a month, who knows :( (for a complete gingerbread based miui or other custom rom to start DEVELOPING)

I don't think you all understand that there are no leaks for Gingerbread (except maybe for the N1) at this point in time. Anything "update" that is seen for anything outside of the N1 is a port from the SDK (Software Developers Kit) not AOSP (Android Open Source Project aka Source Code). The port is unstable and is meant as a preview of Gingerbread and should be used as such (Meaning not to be used for daily use as it may be unstable and things may not be working at the time).

I personally can't wait for Gingerbread and MIUI running on Gingerbread.

I don't think you all understand that there are no leaks for Gingerbread (except maybe for the N1) at this point in time. Anything "update" that is seen for anything outside of the N1 is a port from the SDK (Software Developers Kit) not AOSP (Android Open Source Project aka Source Code). The port is unstable and is meant as a preview of Gingerbread and should be used as such (Meaning not to be used for daily use as it may be unstable and things may not be working at the time).

I personally can't wait for Gingerbread and MIUI running on Gingerbread.

Also, the PORT, has no source code attached, so, miui devs CAN'T put any features from that port on their ROM

lol it's already out...they'll have an MIUI Gingerbread in the coming weeks...it's the natural progression of things.