global Rom for Mi 11 ultra ?

I have receivesd my mi 11 ultra today and just began to unlock the bootloader . Now I haveto wait 7 days. next week I will see which is the best rom for me with german language

The band's won't change. The global or stock Chinese ROM hasn't got any Qualcomm modem changes. So what it was built with is what it will always have. We had similar problems with the 10 ultra with missing band 20. No one managed to hack the modem or was able to add the missing bands. Sorry for the bad news but at least for me, band 20 is included.

Noob question.
So are there two models of this phone? Or one phone with two ROM versions.

Reason I ask is I'm in the US and currently using 4G band 66

And while looking for this phone I see a long is china versions with global installed. And they list all the bands in the specs. But I'm sceptical.

4G bands

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 42, 66 - International

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 28, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 - China

I am sceptical but would love to know from anyone who really knows, someone who beta tested the international version of this phone. As I said, my 10 ultra did not have band 20 and it was locked by modem firmware. May be they will release the international version with different modem firmware, this leaves the updates the same across all models the same still. It is the only practical way. I'm in the UK, so can't test my 11 Ultra to see or have root to check the modem. May be someone has rooted and can test using the modem app.

I am sceptical but would love to know from anyone who really knows, someone who beta tested the international version of this phone. As I said, my 10 ultra did not have band 20 and it was locked by modem firmware. May be they will release the international version with different modem firmware, this leaves the updates the same across all models the same still. It is the only practical way. I'm in the UK, so can't test my 11 Ultra to see or have root to check the modem. May be someone has rooted and can test using the modem app.
What makes you think Band 20 isn't aboard?

bb85d1aa871c5cc6939f2589c05f1749.jpg

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4fun20
What makes you think Band 20 isn't aboard?

bb85d1aa871c5cc6939f2589c05f1749.jpg

I'm talking about 10 ultra if you read the thread. I know it in 11 ultra, I have one. The scepticism is about a different modem firmware or not on the global against Chinese 11 ultra.

I'm talking about 10 ultra if you read the thread. I know it in 11 ultra, I have one. The scepticism is about a different modem firmware or not on the global against Chinese 11 ultra.
Ah sorry mate, my bad then

But it's mi 11 thread :) so for anyone's convenience, mi11 ultra works fine with band 20

Afaik there is no difference in Modem Firmware, .eu Roms are based on China anyways, so we shouldn't worry :)

Reactions: 4fun20
Hi I did it and now waiting for 7 days to unlock bootloader. But after EEA rom or globale

Maybe I'm wrong but I would assume that if you just unlock and flash EEA or global, your device will fail SafetyNet checks what will lead to Gpay and other banking apps stop working. That's one of the biggest benefits of the xiaomi.eu ROMs, because they handle this for now.

Reactions: Poney70
Maybe I'm wrong but I would assume that if you just unlock and flash EEA or global, your device will fail SafetyNet checks what will lead to Gpay and other banking apps stop working. That's one of the biggest benefits of the xiaomi.eu ROMs, because they handle this for now.
as long as you flash official eea or global and relock bootloader, safteynet should be fine..
Isn't it?

as long as you flash official eea or global and relock bootloader, safteynet should be fine..
Isn't it?

Don't think you can relock it if you don't have the ROM of your original region flashed. I might be wrong but that's the case for other brands.

Don't think you can relock it if you don't have the ROM of your original region flashed. I might be wrong but that's the case for other brands.
In the past it was possible.. maybe they stopped it now.. maybe some pro can answer this question, please?

To be clear, to relock your bootloader, you need to have your stock ROM without mods. No TWRP, nothing. What I'm not certain about is what happens if you relock with other region rom or mods. I would assume you brick it and need to EDL to recover. You don't want that. Trust me.

To be clear, to relock your bootloader, you need to have your stock ROM without mods. No TWRP, nothing. What I'm not certain about is what happens if you relock with other region rom or mods. I would assume you brick it and need to EDL to recover. You don't want that. Trust me.
Totally clear that no mods allowed. But in the past i could flash from CN to global and lock the bootloader with out problems.
My question is if it's still possible.

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Didn’t try myself. Still waiting for unlock but the web is full of people who claim that they bricked it, trying it.

Tried it, tried it now on Mi 11 Pro and Ultra. The problem is.

Global Firmware = Saftynet FAILED
EEA Firmware = Saftynet FAILED
Xiaomi.eu = Saftynet PASSED

Why it is so. Why the official globals loose Saftynet. This makes the phones really unattrative. No Google Pay, no Banking Apps or Covid Apps or security Apps.

Tried it, tried it now on Mi 11 Pro and Ultra. The problem is.

Global Firmware = Saftynet FAILED
EEA Firmware = Saftynet FAILED
Xiaomi.eu = Saftynet PASSED

Why it is so. Why the official globals loose Saftynet. This makes the phones really unattrative. No Google Pay, no Banking Apps or Covid Apps or security Apps.

It's simple, you unlock your bootloader, your device will fail the safetynet checks. The Xiaomi.eu ROM contains mechanisms to fake safetynet checks so it can pass even being not stock and having an opened bootloader but the stock firmwares of course do not have this functionality. It's also uncertain how long it will be possible to cheat on safetynet because Google is actively extending it's functionality.

Reactions: JiaiJ and Poney70