Global Rom won't run on Xiaomi China's phone version

zmajdk

Members
May 30, 2016
http://en.miui.com/thread-3831680-1-1.html
Now it's official but I think it's too early to make such drastic change for Xiaomi. Xiaomi is not yet established well outside China and India and relatively unknown in other parts of the world. I think this will definitely make people stop importing Xiaomi phones and embrace other brands like OnePlus Huawei Nokia etc. I will definitely.

Last edited:
If you have unlocked bootloader this has no effect on your phone flashing our ROM. It only applies to phones with Locked bootloaders for now.

Reactions: Kilah and aleksye
If you have unlocked bootloader this has no effect on your phone flashing our ROM. It only applies to phones with Locked bootloaders for now.

Hello a noob question i have re-locked my chinese version (BL unlocked by seller) and waiting for unlocking (720hrs). In the future i can install ur rom based CN dev ?

Hello a noob question i have re-locked my chinese version (BL unlocked by seller) and waiting for unlocking (720hrs). In the future i can install ur rom based CN dev ?
if you have unlocked bootloader, yes

Reactions: biboy25

I am very interested on this topic. How did you relock the bootloader again without getting a hard brick? Which rom did you install via Miflash? The official chinese one? Apparently everyone that relocked it got a brick :S

I am very interested on this topic. How did you relock the bootloader again without getting a hard brick? Which rom did you install via Miflash? The official chinese one? Apparently everyone that relocked it got a brick :S
Simple answer: dont relock your bootloader!

Simple answer: dont relock your bootloader!

I'd like to have the control of my BL (linked to my Mi account) so I can open/close it when I see it necessary.
That is why I was interested on this because I have been reading the last days and nobody confirmed that this option (install official CN and lock it, unlock it and reinstall EU) was possible.

My phone is locked for 15 days (BL locked with chinese stable rom 9.6.7 ) with miflash

I would be interested in seeing what the answer is for newer Chinese market devices like Mi8 on the Product Authentication page:

https://www.mi.com/en/verify/#/en/tab/imei

For my Mix1, which for all I know never was released in an "International" or "official global" version, I get this not so suttle warning - note the ominous key phrase "next time", as if I have been given a one-time reprieve from the emperor which may well not be repeated.:eek:

As I am not running "official global" MIUI, rather Xiaomi.eu MIUI derived from official China MIUI, the warning should not have been triggered by that, rather by the devices' physical location (in the barbarian non-Chinese provinces of northern Europe :) )

"This is a
Millet MIX Premium Edition Full Screen Concept Phone 256GB Capacity 6GB Memory Black Gold
Thank you for choosing Xiaomi!
However, the device you purchased is not an official global version and user experience may be affected. Next time, please purchase the official global version of the device through officially authorized channels."
Screenshot_2018-09-19-18-14-12-276_org.mozilla.firefox.png

Last edited:
Reactions: zmajdk
I would be interested in seeing what the answer is for newer Chinese market devices like Mi8 on the Product Authentication page:

https://www.mi.com/en/verify/#/en/tab/imei

For my Mix1, which for all I know never was released in an "International" or "official global" version, I get this not so suttle warning - note the ominous key phrase "next time", as if I have been given a one-time reprieve from the emperor which may well not be repeated.:eek:

As I am not running "official global" MIUI, rather Xiaomi.eu MIUI derived from official China MIUI, the warning should not have been triggered by that, rather by the devices' physical location (in the barbarian non-Chinese provinces of northern Europe :) )

"This is a
Millet MIX Premium Edition Full Screen Concept Phone 256GB Capacity 6GB Memory Black Gold
Thank you for choosing Xiaomi!
However, the device you purchased is not an official global version and user experience may be affected. Next time, please purchase the official global version of the device through officially authorized channels."View attachment 20963
I have Mi Mix 2 256Gb Imported from China and I have got the same output as you mentioned above. Interestingly I have relocked bootloader and working fine on latest MIUI 10 global version.

Reactions: cobben
I'd like to have the control of my BL (linked to my Mi account) so I can open/close it when I see it necessary.
That is why I was interested on this because I have been reading the last days and nobody confirmed that this option (install official CN and lock it, unlock it and reinstall EU) was possible.
I did a test on my Mi 8 se. I unlocked it with help from someone in China and install xiaomi.eu ROM but I wanted to see what will happen if I reflash stable China and relocked with Mi flash tool. Everything went fine phone booted finished installation and was locked. Then I use Mi flash unlocked tool and unlocked the phone again without waiting a second.
I have Mi Mix 2 which I relocked from fastboot by simple command "fastboot oem lock" running global stable. The phone is not global version.

Last edited: