Invalid Google pay don't work anymore after Miui 14 upgrade on Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalblade

Members
Feb 8, 2023
Hi,

Yesterday I updated my phone from MIUI 13 to 14.0.4 (TKOEUXM)

Now google pay wallet don't work. This is the current situation:

- The POS terminal show an error like "insert card" or "use the card chip" and don't accept the transaction, the app seem working without any crash or DNR.

- When I move the phone over POS terminal, the phone vibrate as before the upgrade but I receive the above error message from the POS terminal.

-If I did the same action after opening the wallet app, the app "disappear" for one second but don't show any error (I don't remember if the same behavior as before the upgrade).

What i did so far to try solving this problem:

- Checked cloned apps - I've only one cloned app (Teams) no other apps seem cloned or appear on cloned list
- Checked the Wallet app status - al check marks are "green" and the device is "certified" also on
- Cleaned the "play store cache"
- Cleaned the "wallet app cache"
- Ran the NFC recovery and rebooted.
- Switched to HCE wallet (tested both with SIM and HCE, I always had the SIM settings on last two Years)

There is something else that I can do?

@digitalblade

Do you have an unlocked bootloader ?

Are you rooted ?

Is this the Global or EU Rom ?

Is this an OTA normal update offered by Xiaomi ?

no root, no unlock, original phone without any modifications :)

also.. i forgot to mention that this is Is this an OTA update from Xiaomi

Last edited:
no root, no unlock, original phone without any modifications :)
Unfortunately you will have to wait for a future update and hope it fixes the issue.

[you could do a factory reset but that is a real pain and might not fix the issue]

If you downloaded the rom yourself from a site and then applied it manually this is not a recommended route of upgrade.

Always better to wait until your phone offers the update to you. If you did bad luck.

It's always nice to get the next Android version but sometimes it's wiser to hang on and take the second or third update to/or make sure bugs have been fixed.

I learnt the hard way when I upgraded from 12.5 to 13.1 and lost dark mode for individual apps.
But someone pickpocketed my phone on holiday and I bought a new 5g NE and stuck on 12.5 until I knew this was fixed to go to v13.

My phone contains my life nowadays and cant risk my life being ruined by stuff like this.
[even though I used to love rooting and modding it's just not worth it nowadays for me]

update is done directly from proposed update message from my phone ( OTA update from Xiaomi )
I never download roms manually

this is why people move away from android and chose iphone.. you never had this kind of problems... :( I'm an android user from day zero.. but is always a pain maintaining such phones.. is a really sad situation.. you had to pray to have a working phone between each upgrades.. sad.. really sad..

hoping for some suggestion from other users.. before sadly move away and change to apple... :( payment integration is a killer application for me and having it not working is enough to change my mind after 20 years..

Last edited:
Hi, my Mi11Ultra with MIUI 14 EU has same issue on Gpay

here's a way, you can try

go to setting > contactless payments > change Default payment app to other app

back to Desktop > open Wallet app > set Google pay to Default

Reactions: aavas and Pisci78
Hi, my Mi11Ultra with MIUI 14 EU has same issue on Gpay

here's a way, you can try

go to setting > contactless payments > change Default payment app to other app

back to Desktop > open Wallet app > set Google pay to Default
Hi, thank you for you suggestion! currently I've only google pay as payment app, how can I add another payment app?

Reactions: aavas
Hi, thank you for you suggestion! currently I've only google pay as payment app, how can I add another payment app?
You dont need another - just...

Go into settings - connection & sharing - contactless payments and change - payment default to " not set"

maybe restart at this point

then - back to Desktop > open Google Wallet app > set Google pay to Default

Hi, i just checkd but i don't have any way to remove the default app, that is set as google pay.. no option to remove.. nothing..
I've contactless paymen and when I enter in this menu, i just find google pay with a left blue checkmark and no option for change o remove..

Hi, i just checkd but i don't have any way to remove the default app, that is set as google pay.. no option to remove.. nothing..
I've contactless paymen and when I enter in this menu, i just find google pay with a left blue checkmark and no option for change o remove..
just click where it says google app in settings - connection & sharing - contactless payments - payment default
and it will give you the option
of NOT SET click on that !!

ok, just tested, unfortunately when i click on the google pay icon the option just blink and do noting.. also if I press for some seconds nothing happen.. this is my option screen, sorry but is in Italian language :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-08-16-47-54-041_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-08-16-47-54-041_com.android.settings-edit.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 421
ok, just tested, unfortunately when i click on the google pay icon the option just blink and do noting.. also if I press for some seconds nothing happen.. this is my option screen, sorry but is in Italian language :(
Then uninstall google wallet

restart phone

reinstall google wallet!

uninstalled google wallet, rebooted... and .. the options is the same :emoji_cry: even with wallet removed.. i have exactly the same screen..

uninstalled google wallet, rebooted... and .. the options is the same :emoji_cry: even with wallet removed.. i have exactly the same screen..
Re install Google wallet and check to see the behaviour has returned to how it was before update to MIUI 14

Status
Not open for further replies.