Google Pay not working anymore

Yesterday I switched to Weekly Rom v9.3.1 via Clean Flash. I installed Magisk 18.1, then GPay and linked my PayPal for contactless payment. And today I payed successfully via GPay in a german Shop (Rewe). Hopefully it will still work when I'm going to update the weekly Rom.
Anyone with experience with functionality of GPay after updating the EU Rom?

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

yes, should work without any changes. Had gpay configured already and dirtyflashed weekly rom v9.3.1 yesterday

Yesterday I switched to Weekly Rom v9.3.1 via Clean Flash. I installed Magisk 18.1, then GPay and linked my PayPal for contactless payment. And today I payed successfully via GPay in a german Shop (Rewe). Hopefully it will still work when I'm going to update the weekly Rom.
Anyone with experience with functionality of GPay after updating the EU Rom?

No issues, ensure magisk did not get killed by useless aggressive memory management prior starting gpay app...

Regards.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

No issues, ensure magisk did not get killed by useless aggressive memory management prior starting gpay app...

Regards.

Thx, any tipps to avoid this potential issue? :)

Enable autostart, disable any potential powersaving on magisk Manager, pray to the Chinese memory management gods

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Enable autostart, disable any potential powersaving on magisk Manager, pray to the Chinese memory management gods
Thx man...
As u said I just enabled Auto-Start for MagiskManager. I disabled Powersaving for MagiskManager and tonight I will pray before I go to sleep

Reactions: Karpfenhai
Unfortunately not, im using not the latest version of gpay, it stopped working after 9.2.21, terminal didn't “see“ the phone anymore..

I did not do anything, no clean cache no reinstall..FileZilla https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/

Yesterday i just thought, let's try again and boom, gpay with rossmann did work, 20 mins later “mobiles bezahlen“ @rewe started working again too..

Weird but it's not the Rom, nor magisk.

Try to fiddle with play services, maybe this will do the trick , sorry for not being able to help more :(

This gpay I'm using:
0e4abcb0366f74b149e50bbbca0581c3.jpg

easy solution update magisk to canary adding this repo to magisk update channel

Last edited by a moderator:
Today after the updated gpay payment and linking of cards in gpay stopped working. Wait for an update in the firmware? Or is it another problem? Xiaomi Mi8 256, 10.2.2.0 EU. Thanks for answers.

Сегодня после того, как обновился gpay перестала работать оплата и привязка карт в gpay. Ждать обновление в прошивке? Или это в другом проблема? Xiaomi Mi8 256, 10.2.2.0 EU.
Спасибо за ответы.

Today after the updated gpay payment and linking of cards in gpay stopped working. Wait for an update in the firmware? Or is it another problem? Xiaomi Mi8 256, 10.2.2.0 EU. Thanks for answers.

Сегодня после того, как обновился gpay перестала работать оплата и привязка карт в gpay. Ждать обновление в прошивке? Или это в другом проблема? Xiaomi Mi8 256, 10.2.2.0 EU.
Спасибо за ответы.
What exactly did U update? Did it work before the update?

Last edited:
What exactly did U update? Did it work before the update?

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk [/ QUOTE]

Google pay worked before updating to version 2.84, after updating stopped working. rollback to a lower version with clearing the Google service brought a positive result. But for how long?

Yeah I just reproduced the issue by updating GPay to v2.84 and afterwards I receive error that my device ist rooted or changed can't be used.
Cleaning all Data / Cache of Google Services and Google Pay didn't solve the issue unfortunately. How did u roll back to lower version?

I'm on stable xiaomi.eu ROM 10.2.2.0 and get GPay problems last week on Friday. Yesterday I delete all data from
593936-1697825f3d977edd8a6f64cba9bb4995.png

and I was able to link PayPal to Google Pay again. But unfortunately this morning I was not able to pay at the bakery wiht my phone. Same problem since last Friday.
Is there any solution for this problem. Perhpas with a new ROM update?

Hope someone could help.

Yeah I just reproduced the issue by updating GPay to v2.84 and afterwards I receive error that my device ist rooted or changed can't be used.
Cleaning all Data / Cache of Google Services and Google Pay didn't solve the issue unfortunately. How did u roll back to lower version?

Try to find an older vesion of GPay at apk mirror. Deinstall the one on the phone, disable auto install for GPay in Google Play store and install the old version. I did so and will try tomorrow to pay wiht my phone.

Try to find an older vesion of GPay at apk mirror. Deinstall the one on the phone, disable auto install for GPay in Google Play store and install the old version. I did so and will try tomorrow to pay wiht my phone.
weird as im on 2,84 and payments works (yet) without any disruption from beginning im on 10.2.2 mi8 i have no magisk just this xiaomi eu rom and no modifications at all just rom and normal apps (including some removed and disabled i do not use.

weird as im on 2,84 and payments works (yet) without any disruption from beginning im on 10.2.2 mi8 i have no magisk just this xiaomi eu rom and no modifications at all just rom and normal apps (including some removed and disabled i do not use.
Yeah and that's the point which is annoying, because for me GPay is not reliable with EU Rom, no matter if Weekly or Stable Rom. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. And I'm using GPay so often.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me

After two steps:
1. Settings/Additional settings/backup & restore/ Automatic restore. Turned if off.
2. Cleared all data pf GPay and GPlay Services

Then I reinstall the GPay and added contactless payment option.

Fellas, do not forget to stop automatic restore of setting before reinstalling GPay.
It ruins the aim of reinstallation

I have a MI 8 too, Xiaomi.eu weekly build 9.3.14 and NO MAGISK at all.
GPay isn't working for me too. Although, only the contactless payement method isn't. And it's a rom issue I think. Because there was serverside changes.

Let me explain :
I saw a lot of people on XDA forums, in magisk category, reporting that GPay isn't working anymore with Stable and Beta builds on their custom rom. And it wasn't because of a SafetyNet failure, SafetyNet was okay.
To resolve the problem, people had to flash a Magisk Canary build to make GPay works again.

In conclusion, there is no problems with safetynet or Google play certification. The problem is related to Google Play Services that check if the device has been modified or not. That's how magisk canary build spoof this check. But since I don't have magisk on my phone, I don't know how to solve the problem

I have a MI 8 too, Xiaomi.eu weekly build 9.3.14 and NO MAGISK at all.
GPay isn't working for me too. Although, only the contactless payement method isn't. And it's a rom issue I think. Because there was serverside changes.

Let me explain :
I saw a lot of people on XDA forums, in magisk category, reporting that GPay isn't working anymore with Stable and Beta builds on their custom rom. And it wasn't because of a SafetyNet failure, SafetyNet was okay.
To resolve the problem, people had to flash a Magisk Canary build to make GPay works again.

In conclusion, there is no problems with safetynet or Google play certification. The problem is related to Google Play Services that check if the device has been modified or not. That's how magisk canary build spoof this check. But since I don't have magisk on my phone, I don't know how to solve the problem
Thx for explanation, very interesting

Check this out, i just made this for you ;)

Regards.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.