Google Pay

quick update on Google Pay from me as well
following the upgrade to the version MIUI 10.0 - 8.9.13 from xiaomi.eu, based on Android P, Google Pay works for me as well :)
although I had to factory reset, which was suggested anyway :)
(and I don't use magisk!)
Thank you for the great work

Hello, today every thing stoped work.Possibly due to gpay update.
I tried to update the fingerprint through Magisk. Did not help.
Plz HELP.

XE, ROOT, UNLOCKED

Hello, today every thing stoped work.Possibly due to gpay update.
I tried to update the fingerprint through Magisk. Did not help.
Plz HELP.

XE, ROOT, UNLOCKED
Yep google pay had a new update concerning its compatibility check. Ive telephoned with a women from gpay and she could see in her system that my device has a unlocked bootloader and therefore gpay wont work. I thought I would be the only one but seems not. Ive to say that im still on the weekly xiaomi.eu rom 8.8.9 and ive used gpay since last october 2018 without problems until today. Btw im using a mi8 and Ive no root installed, just unlocked bootloader and xiaomi.eu 8.8.9

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

Yep google pay had a new update concerning its compatibility check. Ive telephoned with a women from gpay and she could see in her system that my device has a unlocked bootloader and therefore gpay wont work. I thought I would be the only one but seems not. Ive to say that im still on the weekly xiaomi.eu rom 8.8.9 and ive used gpay since last october 2018 without problems until today. Btw im using a mi8 and Ive no root installed, just unlocked bootloader and xiaomi.eu 8.8.9

its not ROM issue.. its Magisk issue.. uninstall Magisk with magisk uninstaller and it should be OK...

My gpay is working again after updating my twrp to 3.2.3-0 and the xiaomi.eu 10.2 stable.

Reactions: cobben
Some people on mi 8 claim that the easy fix is using magisk canary bleeding edge update channel

Перестал работать G Pay (

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-12-16-59-03-777_com.google.android.gms.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-12-16-59-03-777_com.google.android.gms.png
    84.3 KB · Views: 583
  • Screenshot_2019-03-12-17-42-52-432_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-12-17-42-52-432_pl.zdunex25.updater.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 566
I tried the latest ROM for MI8 (10.2.2) and GPay works partially. I can set up GPay and add a card, I also can use GPay for internet purchases (made one from Banggood recently), but it still does not work with NFC payments, says something like "you cannot use Google pay any more", didn't manage to make a screenshot. I have no root and no Magisk installed, just a pure ROM (I had a clean installation with all of my phone partitions formatted, so suppose there's no need in cleaning Google services), the bootloader is unlocked though. My Mi8 is a Chinese version, SafetyNet test passes. Would be awesome if this is somehow fixed in the nearest updates. Still many thanks to developers and maintainers, you do a great job and we appreciate it, keep it up!
UPDATE Mar 26, 2019: I used TWRP (Advanced > File Manager) to delete folder / data / data / com .google.android.gms and now Google Pay works flawlessly.
UPDATE May 14, 2019: Now it doesn't work again, even after deleting the folder in TWRP. Seeking solutions...

Last edited:
Reactions: cocochinel
Half way through the day last week my contactless stopped working on my MiMix2S. I've cleared cache on a heap of services, have the latest TWRM and ROM.

Play protect status has entirely disappeared from play store settings and I can't register my cards in Google play since the cache clear.

Any idea how to trace the cause of the problem?

I tried the latest ROM for MI8 (10.2.2) and GPay works partially. I can set up GPay and add a card, I also can use GPay for internet purchases (made one from ******* recently), but it still does not work with NFC payments, says something like "you cannot use Google pay any more", didn't manage to make a screenshot. I have no root and no Magisk installed, just a pure ROM (I had a clean installation with all of my phone partitions formatted, so suppose there's no need in cleaning Google services), the bootloader is unlocked though. My Mi8 is a Chinese version, SafetyNet test passes. Would be awesome if this is somehow fixed in the nearest updates. Still many thanks to developers and maintainers, you do a great job and we appreciate it, keep it up!
UPDATE: I used TWRP (Advanced > File Manager) to delete folder / data / data / com .google.android.gms and now Google Pay works flawlessly.
Good, thx!! Now it works!