Google Play and Gmail don't work on hongmi

bakka

Members
Oct 30, 2013
Hi,

I installed Play Store and Gmail app to my hongmi and it's not working. Installation process was OK but when I start app it's open and close in sec. Any sugesstions?

Yes - look at the first sticky on this forum "Xiaomi Hongmi Update Guide" once you have done all of that you will be able to access and use all google related things.

I used the guide today and now I have google play working on my phone :)

You don't need to replace your ROM just to use Google! That's silly. Moreover it voids your warranty.

Go into MI Market app. Then, download Google Installer. Use this to download Google Play, Google Maps, etc.

I was having problems with the multi language ROM so have gone back to stock. I have tried downloading from the mimarket and installing google installer. Once installed I get a "No Connection" message every time I start Google Play. I have tried all methods suggested on this and other forums to get it working but to no avail.

Tiltowait, do you have GooglePlay installed and working?

I was having problems with the multi language ROM so have gone back to stock. I have tried downloading from the mimarket and installing google installer. Once installed I get a "No Connection" message every time I start Google Play. I have tried all methods suggested on this and other forums to get it working but to no avail.

what issues with multilang rom..?

Yes. It was the first thing I did when I got my phone. Went to Market, downloaded Google Installer, used that to download Google Play. Never a problem. I haven't touched my rom, it's still stock.

I don't really want to replace my rom unless it becomes a problem. This thread is why.

Wow that is great that it worked from day one!

I have never had an android device that would run Play without first being messed around with. That is why I rooted and installed the multi lang ROM as soon as I could after getting the phone.

What MIUI version are you running?

Thanks.

I was just checking the Chinese forums and there seems to be a few others who can't get Play working either.

My model number is different from yours and so is my MIUI Version. I'm gonna try to find your version and see if installing it makes a difference.

Yes. It was the first thing I did when I got my phone. Went to Market, downloaded Google Installer, used that to download Google Play. Never a problem. I haven't touched my rom, it's still stock.

I don't really want to replace my rom unless it becomes a problem. This thread is why.

Excuse my ignorance (This is my first android phone) but how exactly do I locate the Google Installer within the Market? Is it an official app or is there another one within the Market which I should be downloading? A simple search for 'Google' doesnt seem to be helping.

It is the first result and is titled in Chinese. I couldn't get it to work though.

Thank you. I installed the first one and then installed Google play. I had to uninstall/reinstall a few times as it needed Google framework and after installing in the correct order all appears to be working.

You are welcome :)

What order did you do it in?

November 5th release, WCDMA version. I had lost out on all releases before this but got lucky this time. I'm impressed so far and it arrived in BJ less than 24 hours after completing the transaction.

Awesome, I managed to get mine from the xiaomi site too. I think it was my 3rd or 4th attempt and I nearly didn't bother. Mine arrived within 24 hours too! Couldn't believe how fast it was - stuff never arrives that fast when I buy online.

and after installing in the correct order all appears to be working.

What I was asking was what was the order of installation to get google play working, can you remember?

Couldn't get mine to run play store as well, google frameworks just FCs, installed through Erik Xiang app

This is this first thing I did when I got my phone:

1. Use Market to install Google Installer
2. Use Google Installer to install Google Account Manager
3. Use Google Installer to install Google Play Services
4. Use Google Installer to install Google Play Store
5. Use Google Play to install the rest of the software I needed with the exception of Google Maps, Google Translate, etc.

Reactions: emwu13
Thanks.

I got it working on the stock ROM. I did it by installing the multi-ROM then making backups of all of the Google stuff with Titanium. I then installed the latest stock and used Titanium to restore all of the google stuff.

The left screenshot is MI Market, the second is Google Installer app.

mB68UeE.png
OfK4kmZ.png

I complete your instructions, but when I install maps, I have problems with the geolocation (without use GPS, only data), the screen shows "waiting for location" and never localize me... I accept all the permisions for location in settings ;(

Last edited:
I complete your instructions, but when I install maps, I have problems with the geolocation (without use GPS, only data), the screen shows "waiting for location" and never localize me... I accept all the permisions for location in settings ;(
Try an app called "GPS Status". Let it lock on, then use Google Maps. Sometimes Maps won't lock on which is infuriatingly annoying.