Google voice match not working Mi A2

PsicoPete

Members
Feb 27, 2019
Hi,
Since last update (February's one) Google's assistant voice match is greyed out in the options menu and saying "ok Google" simply doesn't work, although if I press and hold the home button I can still give voice commands.
It was working well before the February update.
Tried cleaning cache, stopping Google app, rebooting and hasn't made any difference.
Main language is US English.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Same here! I realized it yesterday! I didi alla the steps you said many times but nothing yet! Maybe its abig from the february security update who knows! Do you have the mi a2 global version?

Yes, mine is the global version.
I've read on Google support pages a lot of complaints about this same issue from other phone users (One plus, Huawei, Mi A1), so I'm led to believe that, this time, it wasn't xiaomi's fault.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Yeah me too!!! So far i dont have any complaints from the mi a2! Its a beast,i have the 128gb 6 g ram version and i m very happy with it! Hope releasing an update to fix this issue,because its something to do with android pie i think!with oreo google voice worked fine as i remember, but the battery life was awful! Now with android pie the battery life is amazing but we have an ''ok google'' issue! Hahaha