Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a system bug, regardless of whether you agree or disagree. Since when not bypassing a remote security measure successfully is a bug?
Just because "it is precisely written that there is support for Google Pay certification" doesn't make it a gaurantee, simply because we don't have any control over Google's attestation servers.
And yes, you should complain directly to the problem maker, not delegate the complaints to those who are not responsible for this mess.
In fact, we already "solved" the "issue" again on our side, until Google patches it again, but let's agree that rebuilding and reuploading over 50 ROMs is unreasonsable.

It's merely a bonus, you're not even supposed to be able to pass the check with an unlocked bootloader.
Awesome news that a new fix is ready for the next update.

I have to disagree on "merely a bonus" statement. I mean no offense but who would like to use ROM without working GPay? The year is 2023 and I doubt anyone wants to willingly carry cards around or get a second phone just for payments. Xiaomi.EU is awesome and I love it and appreciate all the work you have done but without working GPay I would have to switch to stock Global ROM and lock bootloader.

All updated tried everything and still have this error

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-09-21-19-48-808_rikka.safetynetchecker.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-09-21-19-48-808_rikka.safetynetchecker.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 797
  • Screenshot_2023-11-09-21-19-33-146_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-09-21-19-33-146_gr.nikolasspyr.integritycheck.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 848
  • Screenshot_2023-11-09-21-20-25-899_a.vgxzxonknuid.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-09-21-20-25-899_a.vgxzxonknuid.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 797
I have to disagree on "merely a bonus" statement. I mean no offense but who would like to use ROM without working GPay?
That precisely which Magisk modules exist, and the great thing about them is that they can be updated, unlike hardcoded workarounds in the ROM itself.

Reactions: Guulx
It's not a system bug
Its not a bug, it's because of xiaomi.eu integrated fix to bypass google security. And that's because Magisk module
PlayIntegrityFix with new fix didnt work on xiaomi.eu firmware. Can you make your own Magisk module to fix it?
but let's agree that rebuilding and reuploading over 50 ROMs is unreasonsable
Yes, but in future firmware, you could make an option in system settings to disable this fix

That precisely which Magisk modules exist, and the great thing about them is that they can be updated, unlike hardcoded workarounds in the ROMs itself.
You have a point but that would mean excluding hardcoded fix and telling users to root if they want to use GPay. Valid approach but majority of users would probably not like that + it is a bit of headache trying to hide root from all the different apps.

I suppose what people (me being one of them) love about Xiaomi.eu the most is the simplicity, you only have to unlock bootloader, flash it and everything works just like stock and even better.

Last edited:
Oh welp have to use my card again... Haven't used it for years and years now
I'm full of gratitude for the devs here - I don't pay them, yet for years their work has made the Chinese-version Xiaomi phones I've been buying useable. All the people in these threads who are harassing them are really missing the point.

Gpay is essential for me. During COVID I got used to carrying my driver's license under my phone's plastic case - since I had to show photo ID to get into restaurants - and I could pay with Gpay. So, I no longer need to carry around a physical wallet. It's a big deal in my life.

This thing that Google did yesterday isn't the fault of the devs here. At all. But even if a workaround is found, Google could break things again for us. The last thing I need in my life is to be trying to pay somewhere and have Gpay fail, like yesterday.

I just ordered a OnePlus 10 Pro because of all of this. I think I need to stay away from unofficial ROMs if I'm going to rely on Gpay.

Reactions: dgtal1
we will rebuild all latest stable with GPay fixed for 51 devices and reupload but it will take some time.. so be patient and you should be notified by updater app for fixed version..

Anyway in the moment when you unlocked your bootloader and installed our custom ROM you agree to have issues with Gpay when Google fix our workaround in the future.. it's mouse-cat game which will never ends.. if you want avoid that, go back to original ROM and lock your bootloader..

In Estonia i have my bank apk ,and i found out i could use that, instead of gpay/wallet. Only annoying thing is that it asks time to time my pin code randomly.....
Maybe some of you have your banking application and you can use that as your contactless payment source... for a while

we will rebuild all latest stable with GPay fixed for 51 devices and reupload but it will take some time.. so be patient and you should be notified by updater app for fixed version..

Anyway in the moment when you unlocked your bootloader and installed our custom ROM you agree to have issues with Gpay when Google fix our workaround in the future.. it's mouse-cat game which will never ends.. if you want avoid that, go back to original ROM and lock your bootloader..
As long as you are willing to play the cat and mouse game with Google (if and when a new spoofing trick is possible), I am perfectly fine and will always patiently wait for a fixed update whenever Google might decide to patch the workaround.

Thank you very much!

Can you rebuild also the latest dev roms as well or instead of the stable? Stable for Xiaomi 13 is vulnerable to Google Play system update which breaks the ROM far worse than this Gpay issue. Only Roms built after Sept 13 are safe. Unless you also include this apex fix in the stable roms?

Can you rebuild also the latest dev roms as well or instead of the stable? Stable for Xiaomi 13 is vulnerable to Google Play system update which breaks the ROM far worse than this Gpay issue. Only Roms built after Sept 13 are safe. Unless you also include this apex fix in the stable roms?
We have a saying for that here, it goes like "you give them a finger, they want the whole hand".

Thanks a lot for this. I have a Mi 9T Pro and I can't use GPay (however for me is more important to be able to record calls than GPay)
In Estonia i have my bank apk ,and i found out i could use that, instead of gpay/wallet. Only annoying thing is that it asks time to time my pin code randomly.....
Maybe some of you have your banking application and you can use that as your contactless payment source... for a while
They normally ask for the PIN if the amount of the purchase exceeds a fixed limit, or if you have made several purchases exceeding that amount.

Appreciate. Just take you time. Good to know there is workaround available and you guys are fixing it for us.
Thank you.
Hope to see the fix out soon.
Cheers!

Reactions: benpaniago
We have a saying for that here, it goes like "you give them a finger, they want the whole hand".
It's all lyrics.
Just tell us - yes, we will make a fix for dev firmware.
Then - waiting.
Or not. we won't do this.
Then, for example, I will flash Indonesia and lock the bootloader.

First of all, thank you for your enormous work. Next, I ask from my ignorance, instead of you having to reupload each and every one of the roms, would it be possible/valid for you to do it through a zip file that would be installed through the recovery and that this installation would make the necessary changes in the system? Would this be viable? I mention this as an alternative solution so that you do not have to recompile all the roms.

It's all lyrics.
Just tell us - yes, we will make a fix for dev firmware.
Then - waiting.
Or not. we won't do this.
Then, for example, I will flash Indonesia and lock the bootloader.
They will only fix stable version. Period.

First of all, thank you for your enormous work. Next, I ask from my ignorance, instead of you having to reupload each and every one of the roms, would it be possible/valid for you to do it through a zip file that would be installed through the recovery and that this installation would make the necessary changes in the system? Would this be viable? I mention this as an alternative solution so that you do not have to recompile all the roms.
Not possible.

They will only fix stable version. Period.
Exactly.

Reactions: Vioufaros
This only removed the warning from the Google Wallet app. Payments themself still don't work.
Thanks for the update. I haven't tested it myself yet, I saw the error message disappear and thought I fixed it.

Will try to do so later but I trust you are probably right.

Also thanks to Xiaomi.eu devs for your hard work. Us 12S Ultra users have come to be reliant on your excellent work, that's how spoilt we have become.

Thanks

ingbrzy

Last edited:
we will rebuild all latest stable with GPay fixed for 51 devices and reupload but it will take some time..
I'd like to ask which devices are those and if davinci is included on that list (if it's not, then I'm sadly going back to stock)

thanks a lot for your efforts!!

I'd like to ask which devices are those and if davinci is included on that list (if it's not, then I'm sadly going back to stock)

thanks a lot for your efforts!!
Check the list there...

Status
Not open for further replies.