Resolved GPS not working in 2.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

inourstars

Members
Oct 5, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so if it, mods feel free to move it as necessary.

I'm running MIUI 2.8.3 on a HTC Sensation and my GPS will not work. Before it kept saying I was in China, so I did some googling and came across a fix here that I should install the NetworkLocation.apk from a 2.4 version of MIUI, as it had been replaced with Baidu. I did that, and now my GPS isn't working at all, it's not even finding me in falsely in China anymore. I tried to install fasterfix, but I can't install busybox to be able to install fasterfix and see if that fixes the problem. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, or am I SOL here?

Edit: I looked at the permissions and I noticed that for default under the permissions it says "android.permission.BAIDU_LOCATION_SERVICE", does this mean it's still trying to run the Baidu location services even though I installed the google one? How do I change this permission to use google so that my GPS will work?

This is the latest, stable version for my device.

As stable as it gets.. The GPS and network location was fixed by miuiandroid to use google location service. I dunno about any sensation bugs of the latest rom, but why not flash the latest build to check it out? Make a backup and you're all safe. You're missing out on some new features and bug fixes otherwise... ;)

Is there any way to fix it without having to flash a new build? I don't want to be using an unstable build, the headaches involving bugs are annoying, nor do I want to have to reinstall all of my apks and my settings after just finally getting this phone set up and working (aside from this gps issue) properly.

Is there a way to delete the settings of the networklocation.apk? when I install the new one it says it keeps the settings from the prior version, which I think may be the issue. I need to change that network permission setting from baidu location services to using google but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.

I don't know if 2.8.3 is a stable build.. I thought there wasn't a stable build as of yet o_O

But to help you in your quest, here is the networklocation.apk from 2.6.15, which has to work. Use root explorer or similar or use adb push to replace it, then reboot in recovery and wipe cache and dalvik. It should work then.. ;)

Attachments

• NetworkLocation.apk
    264.8 KB · Views: 225
Or you may want to try the apk from 2.9.21, which is a fixed one by miuiandroid. ;)

Attachments

• NetworkLocation.apk
    264.8 KB · Views: 209
Don't mess with the files. Its already Android defaulted in 2.9.29 w/ correct permissions. Changing it breaks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.