[GUIDE][cas] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10 Ultra

1st time poster! go easy on me!

Hey all, need a little help, today was the day i finally unlocked the bootloader, that went smoothly.
for the hell of me I cant seem to install TWRP, been trying for hours without any luck. seem to be having issues with the fastboot.exe not working.
is there something im missing here or am i just retarded ? HELP!!

an fyi ive tried it on the Mac with XiaoMiTool V2 tool. and on Parallels with windows.

ive been reading guides on here and its so confusing.

ultimate goal: weekly eu rom installed for the MI 10 Ultra.

xiaomi mi 10 ultra

Last edited:

Hey all, need a little help, today was the day i finally unlocked the bootloader, that went smoothly.
for the hell of me I cant seem to install TWRP, been trying for hours without any luck. seem to be having issues with the fastboot.exe not working.

an fyi ive tried it on the Mac with XiaoMiTool V2 tool. and on Parallels with windows.

xiaomi mi 10 ultra
Try to use fastboot.exe from official Mi Unlock tool not from Google package.
It should work for you. If not try to do the same using Windows os from the command prompt.

Reactions: alcokev
In the new version do they finally solve the problem of HDR videos on Youtube? And will the smartphone ever be enabled for HDR videos on Netflix?

ultimate goal: weekly eu rom installed for the MI 10 Ultra.

xiaomi mi 10 ultra
Try this one just use your twrp image. It has all inside. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/guide-twrp-root-xposed-tutorial-xiaomi-mi-10.57927/

In the new version do they finally solve the problem of HDR videos on Youtube? And will the smartphone ever be enabled for HDR videos on Netflix?
I just now put hdr video on yt apk working ok on mi 10.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just now put hdr video on yt apk working ok on mi 10.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
my screen once I start an HDR video becomes warm in color and the video itself is dead and not at all pleasant colors like HDR ones but if I take a screen shot or record it then you see the colors stunningly (as it should in short)

Sorry noob question. How do I do that exactly?

the Google fastboot.exe is broken.

copy fastboot.exe from the miui-unlock program you downloaded to unlock the phone. or see on page1 or 2, someone already posted a working fastboot.exe

Just a little FYI for anyone that had the CTS mismatch. Without changing anything my Mi 10 Ultra passes SafetyNet again:
1603244843375.png

No root on the weekly.

So guys, please confirm if there is or there is no problem running the current TWRP on the Ultra after .15 update!
I mean there's a warning to the Mi 10 Pro users in the "what's new" section but I see some of you already updated to .15 weekly.

So guys, please confirm if there is or there is no problem running the current TWRP on the Ultra after .15 update!
I mean there's a warning to the Mi 10 Pro users in the "what's new" section but I see some of you already updated to .15 weekly.

I can still boot into TWRP and flash the camera zip after update. So all good on my Ultra.

Reactions: neverthemore
Ok. I see. Did you flash the camera zip via TWRP or you have rooted and used as a Magisk module?

both, when I flashed via TWRP the camera didn't look any different for me, pics all the same, same room, lighting etc.
so i rooted and copied files manually, still the same.

if you don't see your photos being worse quality I wouldn't bother with this tbh.

Ok. I see. Did you flash the camera zip via TWRP or you have rooted and used as a Magisk module?
Install the Magisk module in Magisk Manager, you can't modify "/system" partition - for your device - via TWRP (at least not yet...).

;)

Thank you so much!

Just ran the windows script and everything installs just fine. However, when it reboots, it goes back to fastboot.(my bootloader is unlocked)

Edit: Just updated using Linux. The linux script installs and boots up android just fine. Not sure if it's my Windows PC that's iffy or the Windows script that has errors or typos.
Need to unlock bootloader before running script ?

The last weekly update passed all security again, no need for root. See attached screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-20-12-48-31-047_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-20-12-48-31-047_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 147
In the always on display page as attachment shows. Yes, it should really be in display setting but at least you know now

Attachments

• IMG_20201022_215152.jpg
    IMG_20201022_215152.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Reactions: wildflower_
Hi, I've just received an update for mi 10 ultra. All is fine but there is still an issue. The front facing camera on video mode doesn't work. The playback is green with no sound. I'm not a selfie person but me & the Mrs was trying to send a video message to my niece for her birthday & unfortunately didn't work. I've downloaded *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* for now but would love to use built in one in future. Thanks for all your hard work

Unfortunately my smartphone does not pass the SafetyNet Test again (stable version 12.0.10) Should I try to update it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-23-10-31-55-711_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-23-10-31-55-711_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 159
The last weekly is fixed but it is a beta and if you change to weeklies you need to format data. 20.10.15 beta. Based on your stable plus latest fixes

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-20-12-48-31-047_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-10-20-12-48-31-047_org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 149