[GUIDE] How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10S

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10S

We will release fastboot ROM versions until TWRP for thyme is released

Steps to install xiaomi.eu ROM for first time from China ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will be deleted!)
- Update China ROM to the latest via updater app first..
- Unlock your bootloader by Mi Unlock tool https://en.miui.com/unlock/
- Download our ROM zip file xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10S_V12.0.8.0.RGACNXM_v12-11-fastboot.zip
- If you are on windows: Right click on downloaded zip - Settings - Unblock zip content
D9NcJZp.png

- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 15min)

Steps to install update of xiaomi.eu ROM (All your data and files on internal storage will NOT be deleted!)
- Download our ROM zip file STABLE
- Unpack downloaded zip file in the PC
- Reboot your device to fastboot mode (press volume down + power)
- Connect to PC via USB cable
- Run fastboot installation script from unpacked zip according your PC operating system

For Windows OS .\windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat
For Linux ./linux_fastboot_update_rom.sh
For MacOS ./macos_fastboot_update_rom.sh

- After reboot its done (first boot may take up to 10min)

Update guide on the video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update via OTA:
Installation via OTA is currently not possible due to missing TWRP
Updater will notify you about new version and download it to your device for you
You have to copy it to your PC, unpack it and run fastboot_update_rom sctipt

Enjoy.. :)

Last edited:
Your help is needed. Keep failing for 1.5 hrs at the following steps, for about 10 times.

Sending sparse super 7/7 failed (error reading sparse file)
fastboot: command failed
fastboot: error device does not support slots
Erasing'metadata'
fastboot: error: command failed
Rebooting
Fastboot: error: command failed

Your help is needed. Keep failing for 1.5 hrs at the following steps, for about 10 times.

Sending sparse super 7/7 failed (error reading sparse file)
fastboot: command failed
fastboot: error device does not support slots
Erasing'metadata'
fastboot: error: command failed
Rebooting
Fastboot: error: command failed

Are you using "fastbootd" mode to flash the ROM?
As far as I know, "super.img" can only be flashed in "fastboot" mode. "fastbootd" mode is used to flash system and/or vendor partition separately.
So make sure you enter fastboot mode by using "volume down key and power button", not something like "adb reboot bootloader".
In "fastboot" mode, you can see a green "fastboot" word under the icon. In "fastbootd" mode, you can see a orange "fastbootd" word under the icon. This is the difference.

Are you using "fastbootd" mode to flash the ROM?
As far as I know, "super.img" can only be flashed in "fastboot" mode. "fastbootd" mode is used to flash system and/or vendor partition separately.
So make sure you enter fastboot mode by using "volume down key and power button", not something like "adb reboot bootloader".
In "fastboot" mode, you can see a green "fastboot" word under the icon. In "fastbootd" mode, you can see a orange "fastbootd" word under the icon. This is the difference.

I suppose fastboot mode was activated. I pressed volume- and power button simultaneously and saw a green android with a hat on the screen, with "fastboot" label underneath.
I am not sure what's going on with sparse "super.img". I followed every steps in the video by u/ingbrzy.

ah now I know why Mi 10S can not update via OTA, just because it lacks of custom recovery? oh new knowledge for me, I don't event know for a cooked rom it need a custom recovery to be able to use over the air update.

Hi all, I am not quite sure if it's about your updated ROM @ingbrzy, but I've bought Mi10S with preinstalled global ROM. It says 12.5.1 Stable. And I've troubles with it ;(

Even it's global ROM, region is China and there are only two pages of countries to choose from. From A to letter B. I am based in Ireland and such a country isn't available there.

I've do data migration from Mi Mix3 5G to this one and all seemed fine, but I can't set up the GooglePay, also, most of the apps from GooglePlay can't be installed. Downloading is reaching 100% and when it's time to install there is an error saying can't download. I tried on mobile data and wifi. Resetting, clearing app data is not helping at all. I am getting frustrated at this point trying to solve it for the entire day, and at this point, a new phone, without google play and pay is a brick to me :(
When I am trying to get into Dev. options it's kicking me out. Also. When turning the phone on, there is an icon of an unlocked padlock - I am guessing the seller left unlocked bootloader, am I right?

Guys, any hint, any help regarding that? I emailed a shop, but I bought it from "bluediode" shop, so I am hoping there is some better way than sending it back to CN and pay another customs tax again?! :(

All relevant files and screenshots are here: https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20210801ANtBlf9u

Hi all, I am not quite sure if it's about your updated ROM, but I've bought Mi10S with preinstalled global ROM. It says 12.5.1 Stable. And I've troubles with it ;(
It is the forum of the custom ROM Xiaomi.eu, so as far as I know no link with your issue with a preinstalled global.

Anyway, you could try to install Xiaomi.eu, since you are already here. The ROM have none of the issues you explained in your post.

Reactions: Poney70
Sorry for being that random outside ignorant :) We all have our interests and can't pay attention to every piece of tech and be on the highest level at the same time. I've check out that Global has less stuff in it than EU, that is based on CN version anyway.

The last time I swapped a ROM on a phone was sometime in 2014. So lost track and skills in it :)
My quick question - that unlocked padlock while the phone is turning on means I've the easy possibility to upload a new ROM to it? No hassle with taking of other locks, fastboot etc?

Sorry for being that random outside ignorant :) We all have our interests and can't pay attention to every piece of tech and be on the highest level at the same time. I've check out that Global has less stuff in it than EU, that is based on CN version anyway.

The last time I swapped a ROM on a phone was sometime in 2014. So lost track and skills in it :)
My quick question - that unlocked padlock while the phone is turning on means I've the easy possibility to upload a new ROM to it? No hassle with taking of other locks, fastboot etc?
It means you have an unlocked bootloader. You still need to check if you have TWRP installed, install or update it, and after that you are good to go, follow the instructions in the ROM thread.

I've MIUI Recovery 5.0 in CN. But if the bootloader is unlocked it should be relatively easy, I hope so anyway. But before I'll start to mess around and potentially brick my phone I should to see what Bluediode solution is on that.

I've MIUI Recovery 5.0 in CN. But if the bootloader is unlocked it should be relatively easy, I hope so anyway. But before I'll start to mess around and potentially brick my phone I should to see what Bluediode solution is on that.
It should be easy, but as usual, take your time, and backup your data (you will need to format)

I still have my Mi Mix 35G so will use Mi Mover again. Sadly, it is not moving all AppData :( So another day of logging into apps and setting them up ;(

How to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for Xiaomi MI10S
Enjoy.. :)

Thank you for that release. All seems to be straightforward. My Bootloader is unlocked, I've ADB drivers on my PC but waiting, and waiting... and nothing happens. Screenshot below.
I tried through PowerShell and normally, by opening the same .bat file. Any ideas why it's not going thorugh?
Screenshot_2.png

Install TWRP and latest of our ROMs...

Last edited:
ah right..
restart your device to fastboot mode..

I've been restarting it a few times now. Maybe Current ROM (MIUI Global 12.5.1.0.0(RGACNXM) blocks it somehow?