[GUIDE] Install TWRP for Mi 11/Pro/Ultra

[QUOTE = "Poney70, publicación: 612345, miembro: 248356"]
También puede usar una memoria USB-OTG para instalar actualizaciones de ROM (normalmente). ;)
[/CITA]

TWRP MI11 ULTRA does not accept OTG

For those who can't update the ROM due encryption....

by Velian:

(worked fine for me updating the weekly)

Connect the phone to PC
Go to TWRP - > mount -> mount USB)
Copy the latest eu rom on the phone
Into TWRP -> Install (File is in /data/media)
It should dirty flash successfully.

Reactions: velqn and Soygdl
[QUOTE = "SirTAVARES, publicación: 612390, miembro: 273132"]
Para aquellos que no pueden actualizar la ROM debido al cifrado ...

por Velian:

(funcionó bien para mí actualizando el semanario)

Conecta el teléfono a la PC
Vaya a TWRP -> montar -> montar USB)
Copie la última rom de la UE en el teléfono
En TWRP -> Instalar (el archivo está en / data / media)
Debería destellar sucio con éxito.
[/CITA]

It worked perfectly, thanks

Reactions: Eroticus
Ok, i booted in FastBoot and entered
"fastboot boot therevoveryfilename.img"

That helped me start it in TWRP-mode.
FRom TWRP I installed the global rom and thereafter got stuck with the phone only able to reach fastboot when I try to start it.

So curently I can not switch the phone off because it starts by itself into "Fastboot".
But when connecting it to a computer it does not show up as a unit in file explorer. But there is a option in the status field to "eject Android unit" so in some sense it can be seen.

The situation now prohibits me from the step "copy your rom to the root of the phone" (in the clear instructions of post one in this thread). Any idea of how I get in contact with the phone again so I can put the twrp.img on the phone with the fastboot command?

[QUOTE = "tusenkonstnar, publicación: 612410, miembro: 271799"]
Por lo que actualmente no puedo apagar el teléfono porque comienza solo en "Fastboot".
Pero al conectarlo a una computadora, no aparece como una unidad en el explorador de archivos. Pero hay una opción en el campo de estado para "expulsar la unidad de Android", por lo que en cierto sentido se puede ver.

La situación ahora me prohíbe el paso "copia tu rom a la raíz del teléfono" (en las instrucciones claras de la publicación uno en este hilo). ¿Alguna idea de cómo me pongo en contacto con el teléfono nuevamente para poder poner el twrp.img en el teléfono con el comando fastboot?
[/CITA]

I think you should pay EDL.

[QUOTE = "tusenkonstnar, publicación: 612410, miembro: 271799"]
Por lo que actualmente no puedo apagar el teléfono porque comienza solo en "Fastboot".
Pero al conectarlo a una computadora, no aparece como una unidad en el explorador de archivos. Pero hay una opción en el campo de estado para "expulsar la unidad de Android", por lo que en cierto sentido se puede ver.

La situación ahora me prohíbe el paso "copia tu rom a la raíz del teléfono" (en las instrucciones claras de la publicación uno en este hilo). ¿Alguna idea de cómo me pongo en contacto con el teléfono nuevamente para poder poner el twrp.img en el teléfono con el comando fastboot?
[/CITA]

I think you should pay EDL.
Ok, some googeling gave me some hint about what EDL is.
You think that would be the only option to get any further? Can you in that case point me in any direction of where to find how to do it?

If I for example write: Fastboot reboot
the phone actually reboots so there is some kind of contact.

Last edited:
I find myself in a "loop"...the phone works, but the instructions say:

4. Download the Xiaomi.EU rom and copy to the phone (should be in the root directory for easy finding later).
5. Put the phone into Fastboot mode Type the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
Do the formatting right at this step )
8. Install TWRP recovery to phone by: Select "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP". (wait for the device to install). Next time you want to enter TWRP, just press the power key + volume up (volume up).

If I follow the instrunctions, after i've formatted the ROM isn't in the phone anymore.
Then i launch the MIUI (still in Global EU), redo the whole process of letting the phone starts (multi tap for developer options, enable usb debug etc...), reboot into recovery...TWRP gone....

I tried to invert the steps, adding the zipped weekly and then reboot in fastboot, install TWRP etc...but again the method doesn't work. I can only add the rom from miui, then fastboot install TWRP, then select the zip and launch it, but doesn't work and it only boots in twrp...

I find myself in a "loop"...the phone works, but the instructions say:

4. Download the Xiaomi.EU rom and copy to the phone (should be in the root directory for easy finding later).
5. Put the phone into Fastboot mode Type the command: fastboot boot twrp.img
7. Enter the device (phone) password and press Enter for TWRP to have access to the file.
Do the formatting right at this step )
8. Install TWRP recovery to phone by: Select "Advanced" and select "Onekey inject TWRP". (wait for the device to install). Next time you want to enter TWRP, just press the power key + volume up (volume up).

If I follow the instrunctions, after i've formatted the ROM isn't in the phone anymore.
Then i launch the MIUI (still in Global EU), redo the whole process of letting the phone starts (multi tap for developer options, enable usb debug etc...), reboot into recovery...TWRP gone....

I tried to invert the steps, adding the zipped weekly and then reboot in fastboot, install TWRP etc...but again the method doesn't work. I can only add the rom from miui, then fastboot install TWRP, then select the zip and launch it, but doesn't work and it only boots in twrp...
Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.

adb push rom.zip /sdcard

Note: Rom is copied to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C

Run the following command after formatting to copy the rom.

adb push rom.zip /sdcard

Note: Rom is copied to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder in the C

Thanks, the problem is that everytime i try to install the weekly it fails and i have no OS installed... edit: i then reinstall stable through adb, and again and again...

I got no such error.
If you switch from stable to weekly you are required to format the data (wipe). You do it on twrp

Of course, I did it and re-do every time, but not working...i'm on MI11 and the "loop" i was telling about doesn't get solved: TWRP, format, reboots with OS from scratch, re-enable dev options and usb etc..., copy the rom, install...fails and no OS installed

Of course, I did it and re-do every time, but not working...i'm on MI11 and the "loop" i was telling about doesn't get solved: TWRP, format, reboots with OS from scratch, re-enable dev options and usb etc..., copy the rom, install...fails and no OS installed
I think the problem is in the data format.
You try to enter stock recovery (power key + volume up) then select Wipe data before installing TWRP

Reactions: MrThorsen
I think the problem is in the data format.
You try to enter stock recovery (power key + volume up) then select Wipe data before installing TWRP
You mean I should try that? Ok, gonna finish installing the stable for the 3rd time then going to wipe data before installing TWRP.
Thanks

Reactions: hoangsang
You mean I should try that? Ok, gonna finish installing the stable for the 3rd time then going to wipe data before installing TWRP.
Thanks
1. Go to stock recovery (power key + volume up) wipe data.
2. Put your phone in fastboot and install twrp.
3. Copy rom with adb push command.
4. Install rom via twrp

For me on MI11, switching from stable to weekly it worked this way:
1. format data from stock recovery
2. enter fastboot mode
3. install TWRP
4. copy Rom into the TWRP Folders ( others are either disappearing or not working)
5. Install through TWRP
6. Clean Dalvik

This way it finally installed. I guess I lost TWRP, but going to inject it again, now
Thanks to Hoangsang for the hint to wipe data not from TWRP, but from the stock recovery.

Reactions: hoangsang
For me on MI11, switching from stable to weekly it worked this way:
1. format data from stock recovery
2. enter fastboot mode
3. install TWRP
4. copy Rom into the TWRP Folders ( others are either disappearing or not working)
5. Install through TWRP
6. Clean Dalvik

This way it finally installed. I guess I lost TWRP, but going to inject it again, now
Thanks to Hoangsang for the hint to wipe data not from TWRP, but from the stock recovery.
TWRP has been integrated into the rom by xiaomi.eu.
So you don't need to re-inject

if i am already on xiaomi.eu weekly fastboot rom, can i just install twrp without updating the rom?
i mean, just flash the twrp file, no format, no update, only twrp flash?

if i am already on xiaomi.eu weekly fastboot rom, can i just install twrp without updating the rom?
i mean, just flash the twrp file, no format, no update, only twrp flash?
I did this in my Venus, after the rom fastboot stable 12.5.7 I put the twrp again

thank you for the replies,
how long should the flash take? i just did the fastboot boot twrp.img command from the first post and it has been 3 mins and the phone still did not boot to twrp.
should it take this long? using original cable

thank you for the replies,
how long should the flash take? i just did the fastboot boot twrp.img command from the first post and it has been 3 mins and the phone still did not boot to twrp.
should it take this long? using original cable
First boot after a flash could take up to ten minutes. As long as you see 5G and miui, just wait

hi mark, i was getting "too many links" fail in the adb prompt, i rebooted the device and opened the abd.exe as admin. this helped fix the issue and flash quickly
device booted up fine :)

Reactions: Poney70
hi mark, i was getting "too many links" fail in the adb prompt, i rebooted the device and opened the abd.exe as admin. this helped fix the issue and flash quickly
device booted up fine :)
Glad you're all sorted

Reactions: Eli k
Where can I find the latest twrp for mi 11 ultra?

Sent from my M2102K1G using Tapatalk