[guide] - Set Up Microg On Bugers Cm12.1

Do you force closed it and re opened that again? If nothing happens, try Lucky Patcher method to install one new Phonesky.apk

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
Thanks, already try Lucky Patcher and force close but still the same. More options?

Is there a way to uninstall micro-g without reinstalling the ROM?
Of course. I'm currently using microg on xiaomi.eu latest stable miui (which comes preinstalled with GAPPS). BUT I had to delete first all Google system apps with Lucky Patcher.

I think in your case you can just flash again your ROM without wiping.

Edit: I misread as "Is there a way to uninstall gapps" sorry

Last edited:
is it correct that googleChromecast doesn't work with microG ?

I wanted to cast YouTube(webtube)
on bugers-rc9 and microG
But there is no cast icon
screen casting from settings menu doesn't find the google-device (however, it shows another casting device- probably the neighbor's)

then I installed localcast and that gave the notice to update Google-play-services. But that wouldn't make sense, since microG is about de-googling....

or can I safely update?

af26bdcc7f0824a6400442222f6fcac1.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 2S met Tapatalk

Well, I'm sure if you allow it to update play services it will install the original google one.
I'll post it in the xda-thread of Marvin, which is the developer of MicroG. Normally he is quite fast in fixing errors.

Reactions: rendolf
2016/09/18
- Updated stable/beta script to the actual MicroG packages
- Updated the included PlayStore to the new v7 version (7.0.12)

Actually i recomment installing the latest beta which is nicely stable and fixes a lot of errors -> 0.2.4.14

Still no uninstall script. Im a bit busy with my studies at the moment, but i'll keep an eye on it as soon as possible.
Sorry guys

Last edited:
@.bastian: When installing it in the system partition you have to also extract the libraries in the correct folders otherwise some apps that use microG will crash when the libraries need to be used.

In your script you set permissions also to files that you don't install with "set_perm_recursive", this is unsafe and potentially mess the system.
Also you set the wrong values in "set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000".

PS: You can check my version if you want (look for "microG unofficial installer").

Last edited: